Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Meet Lulu-Belle (aka Bella)

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Kimmikins, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

Mum was pretty apprehensive this morning, she doesn’t do well with change. We nipped to my friend’s dog shop to get a bed, interim collar, bowls, chews and a toy...my friend threw in some extra chews and a teeny Beco bone. OMG everything is so dinky!

She’s just finishing a season, so no walkies for a little while (right? She’s the first unspayed girl we’ve had). But that’s not too bad, as she can settle in and learn the ropes.

She sat on my mum’s lap the whole way home. She travels well in a crate apparently, but mum felt that was mean :D She did very well; calm but taking it all in.

She’s having some little accidents in the house, and the fireworks aren’t helping because they scare her so we can’t stay outside until she pees in case she gets scared. I think it’s to do with her season, and again I’m not worried :)

So, as a reward for reading all that, here’s some pictures!
    Excuse me, please to be feeding me?
    23000B24-5783-479D-B1BA-612EA6A4FB1F.jpeg

...just because
    654EEC94-E574-4C0A-BFDB-E7929DE08E45.jpeg

Mum is happy, that’s just her face :Hilarious
    84682458-B13A-4DCC-AE03-5E9134587254.jpeg

Fed, watered and settling down
    A65C97AB-F373-4EB1-A065-01BAC1FBAE93.jpeg

2. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Cute! She can go for walks, on lead though (obviously!) and avoid areas with lots of off lead dogs as they are likely to bother her. A short gentle, quiet stroll around the local area will help her gain her bearings too. She also looks a tad podgy so could do with a bit of exercise ;)
    Fireworks and season certainly won't be helping her toileting in the house! Hopefully she will get better about it but if not treat her like a puppy and take her out as often as you can to toilet and after eating, drinking, play etc etc.
    She looks pretty settled already!

kimthecat, lullabydream and Kimmikins like this.
  3. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

Weight was the first thing I picked up on too :D Her fosterer said the same, and mum’s reply was “my daughter doesn’t do fat dogs, she’ll sort that right out” :Smuggrin

That’s good to know that she can still go out on walks. We don’t get a lot of off lead dogs in the immediate area, not on the paths anyway, but will advise mum to wait until her season is fully over before taking her to the local lakes as there’s often off lead dogs there.

She did go outside and have a wee, so there was a little celebration. Hopefully in daylight she’ll get the hang of it! I’m sure it’s just new home/season/lots of scrumpy smells.

Picklelily, DaisyBluebell and Sarah H like this.
  4. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Yay....

She's so adorable!

I have had a Cleo from hell this weekend so it's lovely to see such a contented girl!

The reason Cleo has been a upset is my eldest son went to Leeds for a long weekend to see a friend from uni. Well she's let us know she's here, and not happy wouldn't settle. She doesn't give a stuff about fireworks but does absolutely detest that her snuggle buddy leaves her that long and even OH couldn't make up for it...to make it worse...he got the wrong train home and ended up at London. Thank you to the conductor who was sympathetic and let him travel down to London to get the correct train back up here no extra charge!

Am not trying to disrail this thread at all @Kimmikins but showing the nature of these dogs even the quiet ones! Plus I think you can see the humour to my son's plight!

Picklelily and Kimmikins like this.
  5. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

Your story made me giggle; your poor son traipsing up and down the railways while Cleo sulks at home and makes sure everyone knows it!

It was funny watching Lulu tell off the fireworks...even her voice is smol :D

lullabydream likes this.
  6. lullabydream

Bless Lulu! Stan does the occasional telling off as fireworks and Eevee does when she's nipped for a wee but usually these 3 including Cleo don't flinch!

I would have been panic stricken on the train but my son took it all in his stride! We live Lincolnshire...so a trip down south was lovely no doubt!

I love Lulu's tail..long coat chi's have magnificent tails!

Kimmikins likes this.
  7. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

Her tail is pretty cool, but my favourite part are her ears. They’re pointy and floofy and colourful :)

lullabydream likes this.
  8. lullabydream

Her ears will also amaze you @Kimmikins they will go in so many positions it's unbelievable! I know all dogs have very expressive ears but you seem to notice more for some reason with chi's and it's not that they are poking straight up, I have had dogs that have poking up ears before.

As long as Lulu doesn't start to be demanding as mine are because it's a bit tiring being pawed to an inch of your life. Just to have some attention!

Kimmikins likes this.
  9. Tillystar

Tillystar PetForums VIP

Omg she's so beautiful x

Kimmikins likes this.
  10. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

Maybe it’s because their heads are so petite that they stand out more?
    She has shown signs already of being quite unafraid if asking for rubs!

Thank you :) It’s bittersweet; I’m happy mum has company, but it’s another reminder that Scrumpy isn’t coming home.

11. Rosie64

Rosie64 PetForums VIP

She is very pretty , love her fluffy coat

Kimmikins likes this.
  12. DaisyBluebell

DaisyBluebell Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe

What a cutie, hope it all turns out ok for all concerned.
    Regarding her 'season' get some Johnson's Bitch Spray from Pets@Home n spray round her back end n legs, NOT excessively, it's brilliant, we have even walked with my friends entire male when Emma was in season n he never even sniffed her!

Kimmikins likes this.
  13. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

Kimmikins likes this.
  14. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

She’s lovely :) I’m sure everything will settle over the next few days for her x

15. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

I second that.
    She's really pretty, and will be more so once some of her excess weight has been shifted. She looks calm and settled already.

16. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

He coat is lovely isn’t it :) I think she needs a bath once her season is over to make her smell all sweet

Great tip, thanks!
    There are still dogs coming out of her former home; the lady who had her is waiting for a dog to be brought out :(

Thanks :) She seems really sweet, but I’ve been explaining to mum how she’ll take a while to fully settle and adjust.

She doesn’t seem interested in toys or treats at the moment, but that won’t stop mum from getting her more in time :)

17. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

I’m looking forward to seeing her little personality come through. Her telling off the fireworks last night shows me she’s got some sass in there!

She was very chilled last night. Exploring and sniffing, but mostly wanting to be with someone.

This morning she has decided she is a window ornament:
    0007A76F-10D2-4315-B153-03B4A9087620.jpeg
    9FE50B3D-9B5A-4411-9C7A-870C3342E212.jpeg

18. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

awwww, she looks really sweet. Hope she settles in soon.
    TBH though my lot arent really that big on toys either, they love treats but its all about the attention and the cuddles. I swear Chihuahuas are powered by cuddles!LOL

Kimmikins likes this.
  19. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

Aww, that’s good to know! She definitely seems to think that cuddles are the very essence of life :D

DaisyBluebell likes this.
  20. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

@lullabydream @catz4m8z and any other Chi owners...how do yours feel about kibble? So far F4D and Wainwrights have been dismissed. Do you have to soak the kibble for them?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice