UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got some bits and bobs to make some basic collars up to pop on my customers dogs to attatch my tags to when I am walking (if they dont usually wear a collar) but I could do with knowing what sort of sizes I need to make them for :)

I only have 1" webbing at the moment, which is why I am thinking medium/large dogs - not small or x large. Am I thinking that size webbing is about right from cocker size to lab or ridgeback size? Or can I use it for more sizes of dog?

Can you please post up the collar/neck size of your dog and what breed so I get an idea? :)

*Heidi*

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Kilo's neck where his collar should sit is 21" BUT up at the top narrows to 17" - so a big difference and he can slip flat collars normally. To have them so that he can't slip them means they are too tight the rest of the time so I use halfchecks (if that makes any sense!!).

This collar is 25mm (1 inch).

This one is 38mm (1.5 inches)

This one is 51mm (2 inches).

For your collars that are just for tags (as I read your post) I'd say 21" as the lead would be attached to something else.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh, the plan is for it just to be for tags, unless an owner feels like buying one from me :p
For example - I have a rottie I walk who uses a dogmatic, which I think is annoying to attatch a tag to. Her owner actually went and brought her a collar for me to use but not all owners would so I think a need a few really :)

*Heidi*

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
My Labs have 16.5" and 20" necks, the smaller Lab can slip a 3/4" collar easily but 1" wide seems ok. My big lad has 1" and 1.5" collars.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Collies & springer sized dogs generally have 14 - 16" neck

Labs, boxers, GSD size dogs around 17 - 22" neck

If you are making them adjustable with a side adjuster you should be able to work a size with a range of 5 - 6" adjustment:)

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thankyou everyone, and thankyou Tillymint :)

I notice that alot of them have it fixed to the adjuster, so half of the collar adjusts? Whats the advantage of that rather than having it fixed at the clip? Do I make sence? It looks as though, when I've been playing about today, that the whole collar will adjust the latter way?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.