Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Medicine off internet

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by hayleyb, Aug 7, 2009.

1. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

ive jst been googling drontal worming treatment and came across this website Animal Medicines -

does anyone recomend buyin off the net for these. jst not sure whether they will be real or anythin?

2. borderer

borderer Guest

i buy them lot cheaper than vets:D

3. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

I haven't hear of that site, I usually use VetUk. They have 5% discount off flea treatments now I think. Delivery is excellent too.:D

4. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

i too used vetuk recently delivery was around 3 to 5 days, bought those flea tablets someone had recommended and i cant believe it but they actually did work!!!

5. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

its the worming i need and that seems expensive £1.50 for 1 tablet.

has anyone used the site in my op? how do you no if its a real site? i no your not supposed to buy human medicine off net is this the same?

6. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Oops - posted this on your duplicate thread, lol! Have cut & pasted it below.

There are loads of sites selling prescription (you have to send them a prescription from your vets) & non vet meds, since deregulation some years ago. Some companies also attend larger cat shows. My pet insurance company actually recommend using one of these sites as it's so much cheaper than vets prices. I was actually looking at Advocate for cats on the web last night & can save over £10 on the price charged at my vets for a six pack. I've never heard of any problems with the main sites, just far cheaper prices As long as you know what you need or your vet has recommended something to you, you should be fine.

7. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

thats alrite i got them both hehe.

thanx alot. im only lookin for worming stuff as i only have a kitten syrup atm and sheldon is now a year old. gonna have another browse see if i can find somethin

8. i use petmeds- never had a problem with them, and they regularly do 5/10/15 % discounts too and its free delivery if you spend over a certain amount.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice