Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Me again!...Just a quick Question!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by LolaRose2010, Mar 30, 2011.

1. LolaRose2010

LolaRose2010 PetForums Junior

Helloo Lovely people its me again..

I hope someone can help me out, i still haven't brought a kitten just yet(still waiting to move home!):p
    But i would very much like to take my son somewhere to handle a cat/kitten just to make sure he has no allergies to the fur. He does have a very small amount of eczema on his thigh and elbows but ive heard cat hair can worsen this :eek:(I have no idea if its true)

I would hate if after getting a kitten home then realising my boys allergic- ive grown quiet fond of the little guy and would hate to have to get rid of him;);) LOL (joking)

So if anyone knows of any friendly cat homes/shelters in the croydon area, or a can travel else were:)

Thanks for taking time to read this:D

2. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

Not sure if you guys have these in Britain but we have Petsmart here. They have a cat adoption centre here where you can go in a see and pet some of the cats.

3. gloworm*mushroom

gloworm*mushroom PetForums VIP

I dont think we have many pet stores with kittens in. There is a sign for a cat in my local one but not the actual cat.

I would let you come to my house if you lived closer! I assume you have no friends with cats.

I dont think cats protection let you go around but you could always try calling them, I could be wrong! Is there a local RSPCA centre?

4. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

do you know anyone with a cat that you could visit?

5. dougal22

dougal22 Banned

6. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

If you were looking to adopt from a rescue centre then I am SURE they would be happy to help you out with some petting time to be sure your son is safe. The last thing they would want is for you to get a new furball & then have to give it to them for re-homing.

I hope the wee fella gets on ok as he will get SOOOOOO much joy & pleasure from the new purring machine. As will you!! :D

7. LolaRose2010

LolaRose2010 PetForums Junior

We have a pets at home but they only have rabbits n small pets- i dnt think any pet stores in london have cats actually thinking about it:confused:

no i dnt no anybody that owns a cat-my mums nxt door neighbour has two but im not having much luck gaining their trust at the mo lol!

thanks for the link il def give it a try!
    :D:D

8. Etienne

Etienne Dad to Puss and Shadow

You could try Cat protection Croydon branch, Tel 020 8763 0072
    Croydon branch have been very good in helping me out and I adopted Shadow from them. On 9th April they will be holding an homing day so I am sure you could take your son along and chat with some of their members and get your son to hold one or two cats/kittens

Steve

9. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

remember one thiing though

he may flare up from sudden contact, in this case regular contact may allow it to settle again so son't panic if he does have a bit of a reaction

fingers crossed for you :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice