Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Me :1 Snotty Customer :0

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jon bda, Aug 23, 2013.

1. jon bda

jon bda Guest

Don't you just love it when you get to put an arrogant, arsey person in their place!!!
    :lol:

2. Holtie

Holtie PetForums VIP

Yep!!!

:ciappa: to them!!

And HOW did you put them in their place? Elaborate? :)

3. la468

la468 Guest

I wish I could do so sometimes but I worry I'd get a telling off from management. In our work place we have to treat the customers like royalty even if they're rude to us. Well done to you though. :)

4. jon bda

jon bda Guest

Had their car in at work two weeks ago, i replaced both rear brake calipers, rear brake discs and pads and a rear brake pipe on it. They were on the phone to my boss today complaining that since i'd done the work on it i'd messed up the handbrake...it wasn't working anywhere near as good as it was before it can in...
    :D

5. witchyone

witchyone PetForums VIP

Lets not forget that the customer is always right ;) regardless that they don't do your job and don't have a clue. Winds me right up when people come to my place of work and try and tell me how to do my job. Sit where I am sitting then tell me how to do my job :rolleyes:

6. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

yep, even better when you get to put em behind bars where they deserve to be :D

7. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

And? Where's the rest of the story? Is there an episode two? :D

8. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

sorry jon for your troubles and for bringing mind into your thread,cant say anymore about mine as is being dealt with in court:D

9. jon bda

jon bda Guest

That would be the dramatic ending (should of had the Eastenders duff duffs!!! :D), in which whilst he was on speakerphone i told my boss that the handbrake hadn't been touched, as because of his choice of car, it worked on the front brakes :D. Boss walked off with a big grin on his face and the muppet promptly spent the next few minutes on the phone trying to crawl up his own backside...
    :lol:

10. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

that statement .. the customer is always right should be abolished !!!!

we have some right stupid one's in ours , i put one right the other day , accusing me of not knowing what im doing with money ... i said i have been in retail since 1991 :lol: soon shut her up

she gave me a 10cent in her change when she was paying me, i said thats American , she soon shut up :lol: :lol:

also yesterday had one in wanting a great grandparents card , i said is it for a birthday she shouted no its not , i said anniversary , got the same response .. she snotty its a birth card ... i tell you something people just don't realise how many different types of cards for different things like grandparents ect arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

just wait for christmas :lol:

11. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

[​IMG]

:p :laugh:

12. jon bda

jon bda Guest

...:eek:...Just rude!!!
    :p

13. tonytibbs

tonytibbs Banned

If it wasn't for customers (snooty or otherwise), you wouldn't be in a job. Customers stop coming to your office/shop (recession) yir oooot of a job. Food for thought....

Be nice to them even if they are rude, because YOU are PAID to do your job right and be nice. :) Thus in my book customers are king, because they pay my wages.

Just my take on things!

#13 tonytibbs, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  14. Toby Tyler

Toby Tyler Banned

Got to do it today as a matter of fact and it felt good and bad at the same time :D :D :D For only the second time in 9 years of being an innkeeper, actually didn't allow someone to stay who got really arsey with me.

Snotty customer was pissed at me for not telling him there's a wooden bridge (which shows on the website) and his fecking ginormous Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 extended cab pickup truck along with what looked like an enclosed race car trailer the size of a small house apparently carrying multiple ATVs just might have a tight fit - let alone carry the weight of it all. Mind you he never informed me nor did he bother asking if he could bring these toys. Considering the size of his toys must have at least entered his small mind. :rolleyes5: He's had reservations for this weekend for a few months.

Arse ended up being so snotty and arrogant told him he was not welcome to stay and was cancelling his reservation, even though I could have arranged parking a short distance down the road for his trailer and he could then park his truck on the property and walk or drive to get his toys.

He clearly wanted to stay as I had asked him what he would like me do giving him a way out. I was hoping for and suspected that was his motivation. No, he just wanted to be a jerk about not being aware that he should have inquired ahead of time whether there would room to park something you could move an entire house cross country in.

Some things are just not worth the money and this was clearly one of them. The entire time was thinking big man, big toys, big mouth, must have a tiny willie. :rolleyes5: I really felt sorry for his partner who spoke not a word the entire time. Biggest jerk in nine years with one runner up 7 years ago ain't bad I suppose. Not sure what he wanted me to do other than widen the bridge for him and his toys.

:cursing::cursing::cursing:

15. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

yes they pay our wages BUT imo it doesnt give the them the right to treat us like crap !!! works both ways im afraid .. and im always polite to customers no matter how im looked down on

16. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

Well good for you for being a doormat.... No one deserves to get abused when doing their job, :rolleyes: And even if there is genuine issue no need to be rude, paying customer or not...

If your polite then you will get further in resolving your problem. If read the thread properly you would see that Jon had fixed the car (Mechanic has a big responsibility in ensuring peoples cars leave their garages safe, there is no room for error and everything is checked and checked again before Jon is happy with his work)! ..The customer really was complaining over nothing.

This person complains about the service every time he goes there, now tell me if the service was that bad why keep going back when there are lots of other garages he could use. :rolleyes:

#16 MissShelley, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  17. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

Exactly. It doesn't matter who we are or what profession we are in, we are all human beings and possess the ability to be civil and courteous and pleasant to others.
    Try smiling at a stranger....9 times out of ten I get one back :)

18. jon bda

jon bda Guest

I was very polite and courteous when i pointed out the fact that showed him up to be a total pillock i'll have you know...
    :D

19. tonytibbs

tonytibbs Banned

That is how I deal with snooty customers, smile and be polite ignoring their rudeness. 9 times out of ten they back down and apologise for their rudeness. :) Customer service 101.

That makes me happy to hear. :)

20. tonytibbs

tonytibbs Banned

I am no doormat, believe me.... ;) I can just see the bigger picture and both sides.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice