UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trying to type this with the minimum of movement as I am currently refereeing the 2nd, more prolonged meeting of Moo & McGee.

We are in her room and she is up on the bed beside me. McGee was making such a racket at the door I gave up and let him in.

I had him in my arms and they were approx 1.5ft apart as I sat back on the bed with him.

She hissed at him, he hissed back. She hissed a bit louder and for longer. McGee looked at her for a moment and then looked up at me. I swear his expression said "Aw mom, you're having a laff aren't you. Not another one? What is it with white cats and bl**dy hissing??" :eek:

He then went off to explore around her room again and she is watching him from on top of the bed. So far, he's been much more interested in her toys and catnip nana than he is in her. I can't tell now if she is relieved or pissed off at being ignored..... :D :D :D Either way, she has now just lain her head down on the bed and decided to go back to sleep. :) McGee has worn himself out and is resting up in the cube.

I must type faster - he's now up on the low drawer unit & the noise alerted Moo who is now watching him and emitting some low level growls even though he is neither near her or bothering with her. :rolleyes: Typical woman or what???? :D

Oh dear goodness.... McGee is trying to figure out how to reach her bowl of food that I moved up onto a high shelf on the bookcase and I'm sure she must be thinking "What the f**k????" :yikes: at his antics of trying to find it. He can smell it but he can't see it...... :lol: :lol: Well, it's certainly stopped her growling that's for sure. :D :D :D

ETA: The door is open btw so they are not trapped with each other. There is an escape route if desired.

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And it's time out again. McGee is chilling and bathing on top of the big chest of drawers and Moo has let out a big sigh before putting her head back down and currently looking like she is dosing off again......

It's bl**dy hard work these intro fingys - so they are!!!!! :rolleyes5: :D

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Things are progressing - thats great news :thumbup:

I think you should save all these posts and make them into a book :lol:
You're having a laff - it's bad enough boring the pants off everyone here on the forum never mind releasing them to the poor, unsuspecting general public... :yikes:

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
And it's time out again. McGee is chilling and bathing on top of the big chest of drawers and Moo has let out a big sigh before putting her head back down and currently looking like she is dosing off again......

It's bl**dy hard work these intro fingys - so they are!!!!! :rolleyes5: :D
it'll be so worth it in the end when they are all friends together:)

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it'll be so worth it in the end when they are all friends together:)
Friends???

McGee's been admiring his shadow on the wall, Moo is watching him thinking "You saaaaaaaad poser......!!!" :laugh: :laugh:

That does not bode well for future bosom buddies...... :lol:

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh my......................

They are now both on the bed............:yikes:

Moo on one side, nearest the wall, McGee alongside me on the other side.

I'm in the spare room so it is only a double bed.

Both are pointedly ignoring each other. :rolleyes:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Riley
8,255 Posts

That s progress!!

I looked after some ones cat for a while as they had hit some hard times. She was a real grumpy cat and well Riley is Riley and just wanted to play! Much hissing, growling, wailing a few "handbags at dawn" stuff and I remember coming home one day and they were both asleep on the bed within feet of each other!! She never ever liked him, but she put up with him!

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They've just been exchanging surreptitious glances around the corner of the lap-top tray.....

Moo has now moved into a 'better viewing' position. :D

A good look was being had by both but McGee has just clocked the time which is dinner-time and jumped off the bed, more interested in his stomach than Moo.

Typical sodding man, no matter what the species!!!! :rolleyes:

So it's over and out for this thread updates now as I had better go and administer the nosh. :)

·
Registered
4,562 Posts

They sound like a typical married couple!:D

·
Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks
14,968 Posts
Sounds like it's going really well :thumbup: :D Excellent progress :D

Oh McGee, why did you have to go for food, I was waiting for who was going to make the first move for cuddles :D

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sounds like it's going really well :thumbup: :D Excellent progress :D

Oh McGee, why did you have to go for food, I was waiting for who was going to make the first move for cuddles :D
On a second date????? :yikes:

She's NOT that kind of girl I'll have you know......... :glare:

:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.