Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

McDooDah takes on Cumbria...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Lauren5159, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Lauren5159

Lauren5159 Lover of Terriers, loser of the plot.

We're just back from a lovely little break (literally a couple of days) in Cumbria :)
    We stayed with my aunt and her Jack Russell, Max in Bootle. It's such a lovely part of the world and I really need to visit more often. Loads of sheep though! Like soooo much sheep!

We spent a day in Windermere but the dogs stayed at home and because we were only there for a couple of days, the dogs only got to visit the beaches. I'm planning to go back in the summer to conquer some fells though! That's not my aunt's cup of tea, so I didn't get to do it this time lol.

Anyways, some pics:

Sunday night after we arrived, the dogs got a quick run down on the local beach. It was quite dark so not a lot of pics were taken:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Between the travelling and a run on the beach, Skip was rather tired :p
    [​IMG]

Today, we took a trip to Millom Beach for a good run around. The weather was a lot nicer! Shame we left not long after:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Posing outside the Coastguard HQ :)
    [​IMG]

And just because, here's some GoPro footage of the dogs having fun:

Poor Max is way too fat to keep up with Skip but he really does try :Hilarious

2. Tyton

Tyton PetForums VIP

Bless poor Skip - it looks windy! and him with no coat on :(

Glad you had fun and it whetted your appetite to go back for more :)

Lauren5159 likes this.
  3. Lauren5159

It was so windy! But he survived without a coat :)

4. rottiepointerhouse

rottiepointerhouse PetForums VIP

:Joyful Skip photos - we've missed you both.

Beautiful photos as always - very atmospheric. Skip looks like he's landed on the moon in the 3rd from bottom one where the wind his blowing his fur back and the sand stretches out behind him.

Lauren5159 likes this.
  5. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

I love that beach at Haverigg. West Lakes agility show is held at the rugby club, just behind the dunes. That's one we never miss.

Lauren5159 likes this.
  6. foxiesummer

foxiesummer PetForums VIP

Lovely pics of lovely dogs. Glad you enjoyed your stay. I am fortunate in that I live in Cumbria, (bordering Scotland), and get to see those sort of scenes daily.

Lauren5159 likes this.
  7. Moobli

Moobli PetForums VIP

Great photos. I am off down to the Lakes to visit my folks next weekend but sadly the dogs are all staying at home this time. I am going again in the summer though so will take dogs and photos then :)

Lauren5159 likes this.
  8. Lauren5159

Aww, thank you. We laid low for a few weeks but came back because I had been tagged in a few things :)

Someone on Facebook commented the same about the moon pic lol! You're so right. I didn't notice!

9. Lauren5159

It's an awesome beach! The tide was so far out that we couldn't get to the water but Skip still had an awesome time. He loves the beach but we don't live anywhere near one so he must have thought it was his birthday, two different beaches in two days :)

10. Lauren5159

I don't know if I could live there lol, way too much livestock to worry about but it truly is a lovely part of the country. If I ever decided to leave Scotland, I would consider it but Skip wouldn't get to explore much outside the beaches :)

11. Lauren5159

It'd be lovely to explore more of it without having to get home for Skip but I never go anywhere without him lol. If he was okay around livestock, it'd be a lot better but it doesn't stop me loving the area :)

Moobli likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice