Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

mcConnell: Choosing a pup - for herself

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by leashedForLife, May 11, 2010.

1. leashedForLife

2. leashedForLife

The Puppy Chronicles: Chapter 2 » TheOtherEndOfTheLeash

one job the new-pup needs to grow-into is being a playmate for Will -
    and that 9-WO M-pup that *trish loved for so many reasons, 1st RAN from him, and then humped him relentlessly... :nonod:
    back to the breeder, this time with Will as consultant.

[she did not waste time waffling - his repeated sexual-assaults + return were only a bit over 24-hours after arrival. Wow... ]

3. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Really interesting Terry - thanks for that.
    It seems her reasons for getting a new puppy are similar to mine for wanting another dog - one that isn't difficult, and can be a canine partner for the other one that really doesn't like other dogs much. Obviously I am going to do as much work as I can with Merlin beforehand, but in the end, it's just not right that he doesn't have any positive contact with his own species.

4. leashedForLife

awww... i thought U said he had a couple of guy-pals he liked to chase + wrestle with?
    i think one old-dog died, but doesn;t he still have a playmate? (or do i have the wrong dog? :huh: )

5. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Sadly no - he turned agin some of his childhood mates when puberty struck, and there is only ONE dog he really adores, a little off-black scruffy rescued Bichon cross named Ronnie... he once wee'd for Ronnie :001_wub: But I don't run into Ronnie's owner often, and Ron doesn't go off-lead... if he did I think Merlin would unintentionally marmalise him due to the size difference. Or not... Ronnie is one of those dogs with inner Zen.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice