Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mayhem! my pets are nutters

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by IndysMamma, Jun 29, 2010.

1. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

We just had a day of the cats going bananas at the fireplace...

This morning, around 10am, Gypsy started stalking the gas fire... then Indy joined in. We shrugged it off as wind noise... then came the flapping...

A blummin bird trapped behind the fire! the holes to the chimney thankfully too small for kitties to get stuck, so we called my uncle, a Gas qualified plumber and he arranged to come at 4pm after he finished a job. The cats took turns staking out the fire all day and trying to reach through the vents to get to it.

Interestingly... found out Indy is left pawed, Gypsy is right pawed - judging from their efforts.

[​IMG]
    Come out come out wherever you are!
    [​IMG]
    I know you are in z'ere... I vill get you!

Anyway... come round 8pm, Uncle hadn't made it yet as his pluming job was being tougher than predicted... Gypsy had finally given up and gone to sleep, Indy was still watching the fireplace and the bird - a young starling - suddenly flew out into the room!

Cue a Benny Hill/Carry On scene with Indy, me, Mum and Max the dog chasing the bird around the lounge (sorry, no pics) jumping after bird, climbing over furniture and each other, barking/meowing, squeaking, squawking and yelling....until Indy caught the poor beastie on the windowsill. Mum grabbed Indy, I grabbed Starling, Max grabbed squeaky toy and added even more to the din... I chucked bird out the window and *done*

Indy proceeded to sulk that we stole his kill before we killed it, Gypsy is sulking cos she missed it and keeps meowing hopefully into the fireplace and Max keeps watching us all like we might suddenly go mad again.

Thankfully Mabel was upstairs and missed the whole thing!

Dally Banjo likes this.
  2. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Thats one way to keep them entertained :lol::lol::lol:

3. rhian d

rhian d PetForums Senior

Oh I would love to be a fly on ur wall last night. I no all to well the mayhem caused from a bird flying round the house I'm glad you got to the bird out safely :)

4. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Had the same prob a couple of years ago only my bird turned out to be a crow.How the hell it fell down the chimney God knows but we had to take out the blocked up fireplace to release it.Was it greatful not a chance it drew blood as it was put in a cat carrier and penned up over night with food and water(it was by this time 10pm.)All this had been going on all day and Bumble slept through most of it only time he acknowledged the fact was a sideways glance and disgusted stare because we were disturbing his sleep.:lol:

5. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Aww, so cute that Santa came early for your lucky cats!!LOL:D
    At least the bird lived to flap another day..

6. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

the cats keep checking the fireplace out in a vaguely hopeful way today... looking at it like it's a birdy vending machine.

Bless em... Gypsy has even tried chirping up it to lure a bird down!

7. aimee shirlaw

aimee shirlaw PetForums Newbie

heyy jst started out he is the best thin tht has ever happened to me

:thumbup:

8. jamjar919

jamjar919 Banned

My cats called Indy too

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice