UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone:D I have got a brand new 66 litre fish tank.I'v filled it up to the top,set the tempreture to 24 c and started to cycle the tank.My fish are going to be 5 panda or peppered corys(haven'tdecided yet) ,8 copper harlequins ,1 dwarf clawed frog and 3 male guppys.Do you think It would be overcrowding to add 1 small chichlid or 1 gourami?

chris:arf:

·
Banned
19,820 Posts
I'm not sure because I can't remember how much you are supposed to have per fish.. Someone will be along soon I hope.
Are you going to be adding them gradually?
And I would suggest a dwarf gourami because I was told the gouramis grow big, my tank is 75litres I have got 4 guppies, 3 platys, one dwarf gourami and a plec.

I would also prob get a pair of dwarf gouramis if you are wanting them.. I had a male and a female but the female died and the male is unhappy now.

x

·
Banned
19,820 Posts
How do you mean for quarentine? If you were quarentining a fish you would need to put it in a seperate tank otherwise if it had something the other fish would get it. Or have I got it wrong?

I added my guppies first. Then the dwarf gouramis, then the plec and then the platys.
I always look very closely at the fish in the shop before I buy them to make sure there are no visible disease.

x

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry should have been more clear,I am going to get one of those little cheap vivarium thingies you find in Wilkinson or a pet shop with an aquarium heater.

·
Banned
19,820 Posts
Oh right, ok :)
Do you not have a trustworthy shop to buy your fish from? :(

I can get my pet shop to order in what fish I need its great. And as I am a regular, I have a loyalty card, I get 20% off after every 5 purchases of over £1 so make sure I get my fish with the discount. Hehe :D

x

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That odd because all the care sheets Ive read say that dwarf clawed frogs don't kill whales killed by other big fish.Are you sure you're not thinking about their infamous cousin the african clawed frog?

chris:arf:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.