Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Maybe I should try earmuffs????

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Animallover26, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

Normally once in his pen Bungo does not bark, that was until 3 or 4 mornings ago, he has started barking when neighbours are walking past, but only while they are in the courtyard, he has woken me up once and the other times I've been getting up thankfully, there doesn't seem to be an exact time otherwise I'd try to get up and get him out the pen before this happens.
    Maybe I should try earmuffs on him ;) (joke)

2. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Earmuffs sound like a good bet!;)
    I wouldnt stand a chance of sleeping in if my lot were in the garden....I swear they have hidden cameras and wait til Im busy or dozing before barking in the garden so I have to bring them in!:rolleyes:

Animallover26 likes this.
  3. DaisyBluebell

DaisyBluebell Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe

Is his hearing ok? I only ask 'cause Daisy never barked at anything really other the when she was flinging a poor frog about, but when her hearing started to go as she got older she started barking for what seemed like no reason. The vet said it was because she was now living in a quieter world the slightest sound penetrating that world would startle her so makeing her bark thinking she needed to warn it off or warn us there was something amiss.

4. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

Nothing has caused me to make me think his hearing isn't OK, but I shall certainly check that.

DaisyBluebell likes this.
  5. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

If he carries on, might be worth leaving the radio on to drown out the neighbours. A bit of classic fm works well for mine ;)

DaisyBluebell and Animallover26 like this.
  6. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

Checked his hearing and there is nothing wrong with that :)

Thank you, I will certainly give that a try.

7. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

For some reason my small black hairy creature aka Gwylim has decided his day starts along with the birds ... at dawn!

This morning it was 03.45 pm when he started woofing and generally being a pest. When the woofing had no effect he went and shoved his nose in big sister's face which resulted in her giving him a "b***** off and leave me alone" growl!

As there was no one else left to pester but me he jumps on the bed, plonks himself down next to me and starts to head butt me. By this time big sister had woken up and decided if she couldn't sleep then she might as well go to work, guarding her garden.

I got up let them both out and leaving the front door open so they could come back in if they wanted, went back to bed and slept till nearly 08.00 am!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice