Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Maya's Saddlebag/Backpack

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SpringerHusky, May 7, 2010.

1. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

I saw one a while back in pet's at home and knew I wanted it, I even made Maya try it on. The problem was the price tag of £34.99, I left dissapointed but knew I had to save up for one. I also knew I wanted it just for Maya because she needs a job, she needs something to do heck my partner keeps calling her Pet rock because she apparently has the personality of a pet rock :lol:

Sadly my fiancee will be going back Monday (back to America, he's been here a month now) and still had about £200 to spend, we strolled into Pet's at home for shampoo and I was drooling over the back pack. He liked the idea of making her work so told me to to bring it with me to the counter and he'll buy it for her :thumbup:

All day we've been finding thing's to stuff into it, she throws a protest if it's unbalanced (Not easy to balance it out) but we done quite a bit of walking. Then once we got home before she had a chance to rest my partner threw her into the bath and bathed her. She hardly even fought where as usually she screams, throws a hissy fit and just goes insane like you are trying to kill her. I'm so pleased with her back pack and can't wait to keep making her work with it :001_wub:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    YouTube - Maya's Back pack/Saddle bag
    (This was the first time I saw it and tried it on)

I promise to get some more photo's of her in it :)

2. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

She looks really happy with it

3. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

oh maya u r soooooooooooooooooo gorgeous and u know that so well ... one of these days will pay a visit (to steal u ) :D:D

4. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

they are brilliant for giving dogs a job, only thing to remember is build up the weight in it really slowly so you dont hurt her back :)

5. SpringerHusky

She is, till we're mean and fill it it up hehe.

Lol, you'll only bring her back ;) she's hyper lazy and tempermental all she's good for is lots of cuddles :lol:

Oh yes, I've not filled it up with anything heavy mostly just 2 drink bottles and a few small bits like white tac and stuff I picked up today. :001_cool:

6. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Yaay! she looks great :)

As to balancing it, try cans of beans/dog food/tomatoes as they all weigh about the same. I once took Merlin shopping with me to Lidl and he helped me carry stuff home :)

He doesn't use his often though as it does look a little odd, and around here people are a bit iffy about eccentricities. But went for a short break to Devon on the train last year and he DID wear it because my own backpack was stuffed full, so he carried his bowl, dry food, leads chews & toys. Some people on the train gave us a funny look - others said "what a great idea!"

7. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

She looks gorgeous :)

8. spid

spid PetForums VIP

I've seen those and want one for when Jinx is older. It suits her.

9. SpringerHusky

Awws, Yeah I plan to fill my drink bottles with some water and stuff which is useful or if we go shopping cat food tins :thumbup:

They really do seem like a great idea, I never thought much about one before. Since Maya does nothing most of days I really thought this would help her out.

10. SpringerHusky

Hehe, thanks yeah she really does. :thumbup:

Awws, I defiantly recommend them and i've only had mine a few hours.

11. Fuzzbugs!x

Fuzzbugs!x PetForums VIP

Hudson and Barney have them too they're great aren't they :D We got ours from ebay though :eek: tenner each lol! She looks fantastic in it! x

12. SpringerHusky

Lol, I saw those but had some not so good feedback so went against them :eek: they are great though :thumbup:

13. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Just a thought: I originally thought the backpack would be great when Merlin & I go out on long expeditions in the country. He could carry some water (which always weighs me down) and maybe my picnic - Had to revise that though, because when he went off the lead I ended up carrying his pack as well!:lol: So not so great for days out really, especially in warm weather.

14. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

We have toyed with getting one for Nuala. We love the 3 peaks range and have bought leads and collars. :thumbup:

15. PawsandPurrs-Bridgnorth

PawsandPurrs-Bridgnorth PetForums Member

Aw bless her she looks dead proud

16. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I have an outward hound one for Buster not that he can carry much but he enjoys it

17. SpringerHusky

Lol whoops, Yeah they do seem usefull, i'm always carrying a backpack so might help ease some things of me but ither things like poop bags are not so good because tyou have to get 'em to stop, open the pockets pull it out and zip it up and all that palarva :lol:

Oo cool, yeah I noticed some of the leads look quite nice but the collars are not in Maya or Rusty's colours :p

Hehe, I think she is :thumbup:

Oh cool, never heard of that brand but it's still nice when they can be usefull and enjoy it too.

18. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

She looks so happy!!! Not sure if Bramble would wear one...he still hates wearing a collar!

19. SpringerHusky

TBH I was shocked she even would wear it, I say you never know till you try although Rusty is highly suspicious of it :lol:

20. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I wanted to get one for William when we were showing him so that he could carry his own stuff around. When you are at shows like crufts and its a long walk to the halls from the car parks it gets very heavy when you are carrying bowls water brushes leads and god know what else I seem to need for dags at shows. OH said I couldn't expect him to carry stuff around .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice