Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Maya vs The bath

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SpringerHusky, Apr 5, 2011.

1. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Most people know Maya hates baths well I made this video December of '09

[youtube_browser]7MmfxcfTiYI[/youtube_browser]

and was stuck on how I was meant to bath her :blink:

Fiance came over in April-may of '10 and just lifted her into the bath and we worked from there, well soon after that I had no real issues and could get her into the bath using a slip lead.

I recently got a comment giving me suggestions and I realize I had never update so I videoed her bath time yesterday, what a riot (for future notice trying to get a dog to bath and holding a camera dosen't work so well)

Maya Before a bath
    [youtube_browser]H6eAYWfysIY[/youtube_browser]
    This is the most fight she'd put up in along time :lol: i'm sure she was playing the camera.

Maya having a bath
    [youtube_browser]r8yEE0nBcEI[/youtube_browser]
    I wasn't going to film this as I was struggling already but when she started making the silly noises I had to try :lol:

Maya after the bath
    [youtube_browser]EZBDY3hGMYU[/youtube_browser]
    Much better :lol:

I always joke the cat is easier to bath and he truly is, I can always bath him no problem but maya is another matter :lol:

[​IMG]
    This is her enjoying the sunny weather yesterday after her bath :)

#1 SpringerHusky, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  2. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

What a noisy bath! :lol: Bless her, she really doesn't like them, does she! Mine wilt when they're in the bath, I have to strip down to my undercrackers and get in with them, to support their weight when they sag. Sighthounds are quite temperature sensitive, so I've played around with the teperature slightly, and tepid seems to be best rather than lukewarm or cool (never hot or cold) What temperature did you use for Maya, out of curiosity?

3. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

candy hates baths too but she SO had to have one today ahs she smelt like a dog and thats one smell i can't stand!.

I go up and i run a bath i put warm water up to her elbows in it. i also put some medicated shampoo in the water as she has sensitive skin.

I call her ans she comes upstairs but the minute i take her collar she knows why!

I walk into the bathroom with her (she does come in)
    then i shut the door and remove her collar
    the i pick her up and put her in the bath she does stay when shes in it and she doesn't cry but she really doesnt like them

Then i use the shower to wash her.

I the pull the plug and dry her as much as i can before i get the dry towel cover myself up and give her the command to get out. She shakes and i finish drying her.

She then sits in the bathroom after i have opened the door while i clean her hair up

Nutty dog!!
    Then when shes dry we brush and put collar back on. Saying that Candy is smaller than Maya! lol

Glad you have slowly got her in the bath!.

4. keirk

keirk PetForums Member

Jack also hates baths - but will happily throw himself into a river to retrieve a tennis ball or dummy. :rolleyes:

5. Ren

Ren PetForums Senior

Aww bless :eek: I never thought of getting in there first actually.

6. myshkin

myshkin PetForums VIP

I just pick my collie up and plonk him in, but he's a wee bit smaller than a mal! He hates it, but he's a good boy, bless him.
    I can't believe you can bath your cat! I'd rather try to wrestle a wolf into a bath than a cat!

7. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Aww, that expression when they realiese a bath is imminent seems to be universal to all dog breeds!! My Chihuahua's look exactly the same..:D
    Im lucky coz I can just pick mine up and plonk them in the sink. (although then I have to bathe them one handed. Adam and Hannah wont put 4 paws in the sink and try to get out so they are usally standing up with both front legs hugging my hand for dear life!!LOL):rolleyes:

8. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Thanks guys, yes having a smaller dog much be so nice ..i'm pleased Maya is small for her breed :lol:

I'll video spike net time i'm bathing him to show you how easy it is :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice