Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

may be in a sticky situation

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by vickie1985, Aug 10, 2009.

1. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

Hi all, my partner (Andy) and i could be in a bit of a situation in a month or so's time.

We only rent this house and it up for sale....(in Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire)
    We are hoping to move to Lincoln as thats where my OH is from and it also looks better on the adoption etc as we have been told this already, with it been a nicer town etc etc.

We could have the opportunity to move in with Andys brothers and his partners house for a min of 6 months to save a deposit and buy a house.
    On the high of this, yes great...our own house etc etc, but....

we will have to re-home our 3 cats as his bro's gf is scared of them.
    Im really stuck with what to do, i dont want to get rid of them, of cause i dont, but i know i wont have a choice, and what will be best for them? ive asked my family if they can look after them untill we get a house, but its not really possiable for any of them! :(

advice please?

2. ninja

ninja PetForums VIP

you could get him to find a girlfriend that likes cats :rolleyes:
    ONLY JOKING :)

have you tried posting in the cat section to see if maybe somebody would be able to foster them for the time you are staying with them :smilewinkgrin:
    cant think of anything else but hope it all works out for you :), x

3. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

Thats a good idea, i will see what i can do...i really dont want to loose them forever.

4. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Search on google there are quite a few laces that will foster animals.
    I wish I had known about them when I had to move in with my mum :(

x

5. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

bless, yea im a bit worried incase we need to give them up :(
    Thanks for the advice, i will take a look

6. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I would foster them for you hun but I am too far away :(

7. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

aww bless ya, if we really really cant do anything else, could we use you as a last resort please?? i know that means 4-5 hours in a car for them, but i dont mind if they pee on me....i love them too much! lol

8. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I will try my best honey, I'm not using the car but I will see if I can arrange a lift xx

9. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

oh, we could bring them to you, traveling isnt a problem for us if that would be needed. Anything for my babies.

10. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Well that certainly saves me a job, when do you need to rehome them? I'll talk to the OH this evening and see what he says :) They'll be no problem with the dogs as the dogs love them and they'll even have their own room to sleep in LOL

11. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

haha aww bless, they are used to a fairly quiet house and tend to just run upstairs when someone mostly children come in as they are not used to it.
    If we can get things sorted our month notice will be from the 20th of this month, so around about a month.
    What about fee's how do i sort them? their food and litter doesnt cost too much as they are eating more dry food than anything, ive been wasting loads just lately, they just wont eat much of it...odd cats.

12. barneythore

barneythore PetForums Senior

couldn,t you get intouch with the council and see if they could get you a house if you told them your going to be homeless surely they could help you then you wouldnt have to be apart from your babies

13. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

the council wont help us, and the other other rented places we could get quickly will be a crappy place not suitable to adopt in and wont be safe for even us to live, or they would stick us in the YMCA or something.
    It does make sence to get our own house, this is the only way onto the ladder, we cant save for a deposit on a morgage while we are having to pay rent.

14. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I won't charge you for anything hun just their food and litter x I'm talking with the OH tonight (he's out at the min) but he should be fine with it.

All I ask is bring spare litter trays LOL!!

As for kids we have none that come to the house. How are they with dogs? Candy barks when someone comes to the door but she calms down quickly.

Are they ok with being indoor (if they're not already)? I have an extension out the back which I intend on turning into a playroom for Cotton so they can go in there to play and have peace x

15. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

My OH is okay with it but he has to speak to the landlord tomorrow. I will have a definite decision for you then x

16. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

Litter trays are not a problem at all. if it does happen i will bring everything of theirs anyway, including beds, you can decide what to do with it, if its no use bin it, and i will buy new when the time comes, its the easy option.

im not 100% sure of how they are with dogs, but apparently Diesel torments next door but 1's by sitting on thr fence just wiggling his toe! hahaha
    but yea the 2 eldest love it outside, Diesel will be very warey, hes a bit of a wimp in all honesty. Him and Jazzy have been spayed and neuted.
    Luna is only 12 weeks, so i cant get her done yet.

17. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

If the landlord allows what I could do is buy a cat harness and walk them round the garden until they get used to it. The last thing we want is for them to run off. They'll have fun where I live then, next door to me are 2 staffs and on the other side are 2 siamese and a beautiful white cat :D

The little one can stay with Cotton I'm sure they'll have a lot of fun together lol!!

18. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

awww my guess is that Jazzy will try to mother cotton, Jazzy is a very loving soppy cat (who sometimes dribbles during fuss time)
    Diesel as i say, he just wants to be left alone, he was soppy untill i got him neuted, and he hasnt been the same since :( used to fit with me for loves etc, now he just isnt interested. oh unless he gets to sleep upstairs with us on his own....hes different then.

as i say, they are mummy, daddy and baby, so i dont want to split them up, oh and Luna does torment Diesel to the max! and she even has a little cut on her mouth at the min.....i told her i have no sympthy, he growls to say no, but she carries on pulling fur out of his back lol

19. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Oh that's sweet :D

Some of my mother's cats changed after they were neutered, Whisky in particular (though we had just rescued Ron, Lucius and Molly at the time so he was probably jealous too) and he became horrendous. Spitting and hissing at everyone. He used to come lay by my head at night and I would literally fear for my life in case I turned over and he attacked me.

1 person likes this.
  20. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

it is scary, he doesnt hiss at us or anything, he just hides sorta. could be a bit of jealousy in there too, even though they get treated the same. the same as kids i suppose. he still likes to play, but you have to hide Luna in another room she she jumps in and he goes off in a grump lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice