Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

may be having another cat again need sum tips

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by littleblackcat, Jan 12, 2012.

1. littleblackcat

littleblackcat PetForums Member

hey all i didnt get buffys bother in the end but my neighbour may have to get rid of her cat and i said id have him if she did. He is such a gorgeous cat hes completely grey and just gorgeous. He is the cat that has came over a few times and buffy wasnt keen on him so i was wondering if anyone can sugest tips on how to get the two cats to get on if i have him. He doesnt seem to react to buffy when she gets a little funny he just sits there and looks at her which is good but he was bought up around another cat and i think he got put in his place a few times. Is there any way if they did atempt to bring him over again i could get buffy to relax a little its mainly when he gets quite close to her she doesnt like it and i make sure her fav toy isnt on the floor hehe shes funny bout her meerkat. Any tips would be great. Im not sure if im having him yet but if i do i want to be prepared.

2. peecee

peecee PetForums Senior

It can take a while for a cat to get properly settled in a new environment, so perhaps you need to give Buffy a chance to settle into her new home before adding more stress with a new cat. There a quite a few posts here on introducing a new cat. they all stress the need to do introductions slowly.

3. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

There is no quick,easy way to do intro's,if you try to speed it up,it may actually backfire and take longer or worse still never work.I would read this link which gives lots of good advice Living Together - Introducing a New Cat

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice