Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

May be having 2 more whippets

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Freyja, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I have known for a while that someone who had 2 whippets of us has beeen after rehoming them. He had split up with his long time partner, she didn't want the dogs and now after 2 years hehas to move into rented accomadation. They are a dog and bitch 4 and 5 years old the bitch is our Angel's sister.

He had changed his email address and as he kept renewing the advert I couldn't get in touch with him. He has emailed me tonight asking for help. I have emailed him back saying I am prepared to take them both back and will either find them a home together or to keep them myself. The bitch is a nice bitch but the dog has issues with other males which could be a problem but I'm sure if they do come here we will get round it somehow. As I said we bred the bitch but not the dog even though they are advertised as both being my breeding one of my dogs is the sire but the bitch belonged to someone else.

I will update as soon as I hear something from him about if he will give them back to me which will most likely be tomorrow now

2. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

ooh best of luck :)

Hope something works out for you :D

3. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I will need luck with these 2 I think. The owner has contacted me again and has said he will phone me at the weekend he is happy for them to come to me

I also know the person who runs the local greyhound rescue she knows about these 2 and has said if I have a problem with the 2 off them with my lot they have loads of homes after whippets so she has offered me help and support with them if it is needed. So I think we have it covered for them to come here I just have to have a shift round to be able to fit them in.

4. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Good luck hope it works out :)

5. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Thanks fortunately the greyhound rescue have offered me their support should it not work out with them being with me. Sadly it does mean I may not be able to keep one of Freyja's pups but I would rather help these 2 and not have a pup to show it would have meant a lot to keep one as their grandad Owen is serioulsy ill and may not have much longer left with us but if I haven't room the I can't If I can get some kennels up then it will not be too bad as I can move the younger dogs out of the house into kennels but I just have no more room in the house for more dogs.

6. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

:thumbup: You are such a good conscientious breeder, well done for being there and offering to take these 2 in and even if it doesn't work out for them with you, you have sorted a backup out.

I hope it all works out.

7. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

I truly hope it works out after sad day you had yesterday :( at least you have support if need be :)

8. Sheen and Eli

Sheen and Eli PetForums VIP

Good luck with it all.
    You are a STAR ! :)

9. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I have taken this phot of the advert. Mini is the brindle and Cooper is the fawn.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice