Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

May be a daft question but

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Kat28, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Kat28

Kat28 PetForums VIP

How often do you fully clean your rabbit cages out fully.I have always done mine once a week. I bought the primrose cottage 2 teir cage last week and have just cleaned him out totally but he had only made a mess in one corner the rest of the hutch was clean. He used to do it all over in his other cage. Just wondered as i am off to pet shop tonight and wondered if im better just having a litter tray in corner he is using and not doing a full clean out every week. He is out in garden alot or in house when he cant go out in garden so he probably only spends half his time in hutch.

2. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

We clean our two Nethies out once a week although their cages are usually quite clean as they always seem to poo in one corner in their exercise pen so I just move this daily.:)

3. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

i clean them fully roughly once a week with spot checks in between. if its not dirty there is no point in cleaning it really, if its too clean their imune system can suffer so i personally think its best not to over do it. i only clean out my animals when i know it needs doing. and no i dont mean when it stinks!! :p

4. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Dreamer and tinks are very mess with poo's so the garage is swept out everyday, they have 5 litter trays so normally changed once a week if they are out alot in the graden otherwise twice a week.

5. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

Hi Kat,

I think your idea of a litter tray in the corner is a good one. My rabbits are house bunnies and have two litter trays which I clean out every other day, a cardboard box of hay which I empty out twice a week and the rest of the room I then sweep/hoover etc once a week.

6. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

Mine get done twice a week, usually without fail, but they had to go a week this time beacuse I wasnt here on Monday. If they are out in their runs alot, I sometimes wonder if they need doing, but the guineas always do, so I figure I might as well do them all!

7. bellabunnylops

bellabunnylops PetForums Junior

I do a full clean weekly, and mine are all litter trained so I change the litter daily, and garden mess is done daily buy my lovely other half lol x

8. Kat28

Kat28 PetForums VIP

Well looks like its still once a week lol. Was just wondering what you guys did as i know alot of you have yours in sheds etc. Will pick a tray up from garden centre today going to get little 1 a new hamster as well. sure we are turning into a zoo :D

9. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

The pooy bits get cleaned everyday and because I use hay for their bedding the whole hutch gets done every other day so its always fresh in case they eat the bedding instead of from the hay rack.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice