Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Max loves N.I! Buena reacts to it...any advice???

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by ChrisKon, Feb 1, 2013.

1. ChrisKon

ChrisKon PetForums Junior

Hi guys,

I bought Natural Instict for my Max & Buena recently. Max didn't like it at first but now loves it to the point where he's turning his nose up to canned foods now!

Buena took to it quite well at first, scoffed it up, but sicked it all out later!! :cursing:

She has had tummy problems when she was an incey wincey fluff ball...She didn't take to Bozita well, poo problems....

So, I'm assuming she's sensitive to certain foods?
    Is there any way I can gradually wean her on to N.I with out her reacting to it? Shall I try putting a tiiiiny bit in her food and see what happens? Is there anything I can add to her bowl to put her body at ease??

p.s. Initially, I didn't give her N.I straight, I mixed it with Animonda

Thank you in advance for your guidance and advice, AND thank you for past guidance too!! joining this forum has really helped me and my kittens :yesnod:

2. spid

spid PetForums VIP

If she scoffed it up she may well have over eaten and eaten too quickly. Try her on very small amounts to begin with and don't mix it so you know for sure what is causing what reaction.

3. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

I'd suggest mixing a lot of water in with the NI until they get used to it. I initially had one, my most stubborn one actually, who, when she realised she loved NI, loved it so much that she scoughed it. I'd find that she'd puke it up a little while later and put it down to her eating too fast. With mine, if you give them smaller amounts, they'll never learn to eat slowly, so what I did was to dilute the NI portion with water, and give her a really full bowl. That way, she thought she was getting loads, so her urgency to eat was slightly diminished. She continued to scough it, but as she was getting a lot of water, it passed through her without overloading her tummy. I gave her enough that she could never finish it, so she gradually learned that her urgency to eat was unfounded as there'd always be some left for her.

4 or 5 months on, I barely add any water now, and the only time we have the occasional puke is if I introduce a favourite flavour that they haven't had in a while.

4. ChrisKon

ChrisKon PetForums Junior

Thanks guys.

I will give her a little bit tonight and see how she reacts...

If she doesn't react, i'll slowly increase amount but deliver the Carly87 method and add water :D

Hope this works out :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice