Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Max is missing

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by ChrisKon, Sep 6, 2013.

1. ChrisKon

ChrisKon PetForums Junior

Hi everyone,

I have 2 lovely cats Max & Buena who me and my wife adore. They are almost 1 years old and go out regularly as they have a controlled cat flap. We keep them in at night and have no problems bringing them in. Max all of a sudden has gone missing!! He hasn't been home for 2 days which is very unlike him. He's not the biggest fan of other cats. We don't let him out at the front where there are roads. Am I being silly to be worried? Buena is lying down right next to me as we speak so she's fine. So, is it normal for cats to go missing for days? Even though its out of character? I've already knocked on neighbours doors to enquire. I want to post leaflets and put up posters round the area, am I overreacting? This is genuinely a horrible feeling.

Any opinions, advice, knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

2. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

i would do the posters , knock on doors, post on facebook ring shelters,hang out his blanket on washing so his smell catches in the wind and entices him home, someone mentioned scattering some of his used cat litter outside as well , what age is he and is he neutered?,
    best wishes for his safee return
    ask the postie to keep a lookout, ask neighbours to look in their sheds and garages too

3. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hi Chris, sorry to hear Max is missing. Maybe he got shut in someone's shed or garage. I don't think you are over-reacting - he is behaving in a way that is out of character for him, and so alarm bells are ringing. That is the way I view things too.

I would do as the previous poster says -- flood the area with posters, knock on doors with a photo of him, use FB etc, and post his details on all the "Missing" websites. Check all local vets. Check with council to see if a cat has been picked up off the road.

Are any of your neighbours away on holiday? If so, could he have got into their house and be unable to get out again. It has happened, one of our member's cats got stuck in an absent neighbour's house for 2 weeks because the flap was on the *in* position only.

Good Luck. I hope he comes home soon.

4. ChrisKon

ChrisKon PetForums Junior

Hi everyone,

Just an update.....MAX IS BACK!!!!:):):):):):D:D:D:D:D

On the night I posted this (Sorry for late response), around 3am, Maxy-boy just strolled into my bedroom! I got so excited, he ran straight out the room!!
    There were loads of hugs, food, play time and treats!!:smile5:

I think he was stuck in someones shed because every neighbours door I knocked on, I asked them to look in there sheds, and lo and behold that same night, he's back!

My neighbours and yourselves have been really supportive, it is definitely appreciated. Thank you :)

5. Cheryl89

Oh I just love a happy ending! So happy he's home xxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice