Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Max and Daisy Update..

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by nhamblin84, Jul 27, 2009.

1. nhamblin84

nhamblin84 PetForums Member

Hi All,

Haven't been on here for a while...but hopefully im back to stay :):):)

I just thought I would let you know how Max and Daisy are getting on!

They started puppy lessons and are doing great!!! :D:D I was so proud! They have caught up quickly (as we missed a lesson because i had stinking swine flu :mad: ) The trainer is so good with them and has gun dogs herself and said that she would help us with the recall to, so invited us down to her paddock on saturday where she was doing some other lessons and they got on fab! She is brilliant! They love playing with the other puppies and are getting much more confident!

Only think is that we need some really tasty treats...anyone got any ideas?

They also went to a fun dog show and both came in 6th place for the prettiest bitch/handsome dog :)

Toilet training is going well! We have the odd few (mainly max) but it is always in the kitchen and usually when its raining cause he doesnt like going out in the rain :)

Teaching them a few tricks....which they seem to be picking up well! And they arent quite so clingy anymore - they didnt even want to have a cuddle last night :( both of them just went and lay on the floor on opposite sides of the floor and went to sleep :D Although they do love having a sleep on the sofa if im on there.....as you can see by the pics hehe!!

:D

Attached Files:

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Good to hear from you - great pic, haven't they grown.

As for treats - we buy cocktail sausages, cut them up into 8ths and use them - I'm quite stingy with them, but because they smell good the dogs love them.
    I buy a pack of 40, chop them up and bag them up then freeze them and they'll last a while.
    Or do the same with the tins of hot dogs or if you want something really smelly to get their attention chop up some garlic sausage.
    If you want a more natural treat then liver cake is really good.

3. rona

rona Guest

Glad to here that you have found a good trainer it can make such a difference.
    Sounds as if you are truly enjoying your pups and they are obviously having a great time with you :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice