Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

matted error

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by suzie_1983, Feb 5, 2012.

1. suzie_1983

suzie_1983 PetForums Newbie

Hi Everyone,

Please help. I have a beautiful Ragdoll Cat called Alfie. He has long white fur. His fur on the chest got wet and unfortunately got a little matted. He kept trying to lick it and pull it out. I tried to help him by cutting it whilst i was giving him a brush. He moved unexpectedly and i touched his skin. he has a scrap there now. It didn't bleed but is red now and weeping a little. it doesnt seem to be bothering him but do you think i should take him to the vets tomorrow or is there a way i can keep it clean etc at home.

I don't want to look like a bad owner as i was trying to make it better.

please help!!!!

2. rose

rose PetForums VIP

As long as it doesnt need stitching, should be ok bathing it with warm boiled water (a little salt if you like) and keeping an eye on.it. If it starts to smell ot swell ring the vet. But should be fine.

3. suzie_1983

suzie_1983 PetForums Newbie

Thank you, i think i was just panicing. i feel so bad. i will definatel clean it and see how it goes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice