Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mating

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by chris75, Jul 24, 2009.

1. chris75

chris75 PetForums Newbie

AFTER HAVING ALL THE BREED HEALTH CHECKS WE HAVE DECIDED TO HAVE A LITTER OF PUPS, OUR GIRL IS 2.5 AND IS ON DAY 12 OF HER HEAT CYCLE, THE STUD HAS STAYED WITH US SINCE DAY 7 OF HERE CYCLE HE HAS MOUNTED HER A FEW TIMES OVER THE DAYS AND SHE HAS JUST SAT DOWN, HER BLOOD HAS TODAY GONE TO A LIGHT BROWN BUT THE STUD JUST HAS A SNIFF THEN IGNORES HER, DO YOU THINK THAT WE HAVE MISSED IT THIS TIME, THE STUD HAS HAD 1 PREVIOUS LITTER.
    ANY ADVICE FROM AN EXPERIENCED BREEDER WOULD BE GREAT.

2. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

its unusual for a stud to stay at the home of the in season bitch, is there a reason?? My guess is she isn't ready yet.

The two aren't running together all the time r they? what breed are we talking about?

3. shazalhasa

shazalhasa PetForums VIP

When the bitch is ready, her bleeding will stop for a few days, it'll be pinky and watery and then like a straw colour and watery. This only lasts for about 2-3 days and can be anytime now if she is on day 12.
    My bitch was on day 12 and 13 when this happened but there is no hard and fast rules, just keep checking her.

4. nat1979

nat1979 PetForums VIP

I have always took my bitches to the stud dogs home when my girls are 11 days if they not ready i bring them back on the 13th I dont mate them any earlyer then the 11 day

All stud dogs are differnent and he might have got used to having your girl around and cant be bothered trying no more

I would never leave my girls with a stud for more than a few hours

5. chris75

chris75 PetForums Newbie

Thanks the reason the stud had to come here is because the owners didnt have enough room for my girl as they have a few other studs and have had some other bitches there the same week!
    the breed is a newfoundland;)

6. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

awww love newfoundlands, as for breeding , i only had to take my girl to see the other dog one time and it worked no probs. Dont know if other breeds are different. Do feel sorry for both dogs if they at it all the time must be exhausting for the poor things.

7. chris75

chris75 PetForums Newbie

there not at it all the time i have seperated them and put them together 2 hours aday, thanks for comments i appreicate the advice:)

8. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

This is one breed of dog we would dearly love to have one day, they are so laid back and stunning looking, but alot I have seen on epupz etc some of them look like newfi crossed with a labrador, they just dont look like the big fluffy massive dog that I say was a proper newfi. I llove the big fluffy bear like ones. I like looking at pics of them doing their water rescue. I love them sooooooo much.

9. chris75

chris75 PetForums Newbie

its normaly the girls that are smaller and the boys are the big and fluffy ones.
    they are a great dog to have.:)

10. Molly's Mum

Molly's Mum PetForums VIP

Hi Chris

Welcome to the forum :p:p

Both dogs will let you know when the time is right, my bitch wasn't ready until day 16 of her cycle, just watch them and let them lead the way; unfortunately some dogs just don't get it together at the first attempt. Wishing you all the best and fingers crossed you get the result you are looking for.

11. kiera09

kiera09 PetForums Senior

Hiya, my girl stood on day 13,14,15 & 16! They are all different, some girls have been known to stand all the way through their cycle!
    I'm sure they'l do it when their ready, the stud will know when she's ready and if she likes him she will stand for him, good luck! :)

12. dipdog

dipdog PetForums VIP

good luck.....:D

13. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

Hi Chris are you just leaving them to run together for the 2 hours or are you keeping an eye on them and do you have someone else there to help you get a mating?

14. chris75

chris75 PetForums Newbie

sorry i should have explained - the dogs are always supervised and there is aleast 2 others here to help we watch the dogs together from the window so so to put them off!
    thanks.:)

15. h00k

h00k PetForums Newbie

ATTN: Anyone that wanna breed, I got a male dog. I attached a picture of him. Contact me for appointment and stuff.....

Jim.

Attached Files:

16. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Why do you want to breed him?

17. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Joke right!!!!??????

18. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Don't bother DD :p I don't think it's worth it anymore

19. staceydawlz

staceydawlz PetForums VIP

nice dog..id have one...if it were legal!!!!

20. davehyde

davehyde Banned

imbecile.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice