Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mating bitch

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by sophie phillips, Apr 30, 2017.

1. sophie phillips

sophie phillips PetForums Newbie

Hi all I'm wondering if you could help me..? My bitch is in season and had a pre mate test done on her Monday she wasn't ready so had it redone Wednesday and they told me to take her straight to the dog that day or following morning so went up on the Wednesday and dog was really interested and had two slip ties but she was really aggressive and cried the whole time and was really uninterested so took her back following day she was all over him flagging and turning her bum but he wasn't interested in the slightest or the following day even though I had a primate test done again on the Friday before going in up and she was still ovulating.. I'm confused as to how she was ready and willing but he wasn't why???

2. labradrk

labradrk PetForums VIP

How old is the bitch and what breed is she? Also what is the status of the stud dog, is he proven as in has he mated with bitches successfully and sired litters? Presumably the stud dog owner is both very knowledgeable and successful within the breed, what did they say about it?

Jamesgoeswalkies and ouesi like this.
  3. sophie phillips

Hi my bitch is two and a German Shepard she's fully health tested and so is the dog he has littered 12 litters and is a top quality stud he's three years old, his owner told me she must have caught already and that's why he wasn't interested but I think it's far too soon to tell.. he was as shocked as me.

4. ouesi

ouesi Guest

Hate to be the cynic here, but for some reason I have a hard time believing someone who can't even spell their breed's name correctly has had all the relevant health tests done, submitted, published etc. One would think that at some point in those transactions a spelling lesson would have happened... Just sayin'

5. sophie phillips

Is there any need to be so Nast and what would you call a German Shepard think it's you who needs a spell check!!

Chellie likes this.
  6. ouesi

ouesi Guest

I would call a GSD a German Shepherd, because you know, they're a herding breed?
    I would also spell Nast "grammar nazi" ;) :D

7. sophie phillips

That's what I called it if you read my post clearer.. anyway if your not here to help me with my question please don't reply just to be spiteful it's not needed or wanted just saying..

8. labradrk

labradrk PetForums VIP

Oh lovely, what is the sires pedigree name? He must be well known if he's top quality. GSDs are one of my breeds so I'm quite familiar.

It is possible for dogs to be impregnated from slip matings....

9. sophie phillips

Hi his name is kenquartz Texas he has champions in his family nikonis Colin is one of many in Birmingham

Chellie likes this.
  10. labradrk

labradrk PetForums VIP

Oh ok well nice to see he's health tested at least, makes a change....

What has the stud dog owner suggested you do, leave it until next season? Where presumably if she doesn't take from the attempted matings you'll try again?

simplysardonic likes this.
  11. EsmaeSteel

EsmaeSteel PetForums Junior

Yet another post looking for genuine help, in a place created for this purpose and the keyboard warriors all come out to play. Really sad and disgusting considering this is an adults forum.

12. ouesi

ouesi Guest

If that is indeed the stud :)
    Easy enough to go to champdogs, find a health tested stud, and claim that's who you're mating your bitch to...

Though claiming the stud has sired 12 litters and then naming one who has only sired 2 is a bit confusing...

SpringDance and lorilu like this.
  13. Popadilly

Popadilly PetForums Member

I agree with Ouesi. There are many health problems in the GSD breed - epilepsy being just one particularly distressing one. You can't test for this so you have to absolutely know the lines behind both dam and sire. There is even a breed coordinator who can help with this. But if the breeder herself is unable to even correctly spell the name of her chosen breed...well it suggests this level of research might not have taken place...

simplysardonic, lorilu and ouesi like this.
  14. ouesi

ouesi Guest

And not just a typo. Misspelled it again after being called on it. And then insisted it was correct o_O

I'm thinking this is either a total fabrication or a troll post or a combination of both.

Popadilly likes this.
  15. Popadilly

Popadilly PetForums Member

I know - I don't normally get involved in breeding threads, but I couldn't help myself at the second misspelling!

ouesi likes this.
  16. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

If your bitch was aggressive at the first mating, this could have made the dog wary of her second time, but normally if he was inexperienced.

Is it two or twelve litters he has sired?

17. bogdog

bogdog PetForums Senior

18. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

I'm pretty sure that although you cannot use a kennel club registered name within the same breed, ie you cant have two dogs of the same breed with the same KC registered name,
    you can use the name with another breed, which may explain it.

19. bogdog

bogdog PetForums Senior

I thought that 2 different breeders couldn't have the same affix. But, of course, don't know if one of the 2 dogs' names contains a registered affix or simply is a registered name of the dog.

20. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Two breeders or kennels cant have the same affix, although some breeders breed more then one type of dog breed, so you can get different breeds with the same affix that way.
    You don't though have to have an affix at all to Kennel club register a dog it can be just a registered name, and that name can be used in different breeds, but not in the same breed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice