UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boooooooo! Not looking forward to it!

I've already failed GCSE maths twice with a grand total of 14 years of maths teaching (primary school, high school and resits at college) ......what makes my college think that i'm gonna pass it this time? LOL we've had about 3 weeks worth of maths teaching for this exam.... our teacher is really good but unfortunately they sent him to us a little bit too late, I am not holding out much hope for tomorrow LOL

Is anyone else useless at maths or am I the biggest dum-dum on the forum? LOL :laugh: :yikes:

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I have to say I was pretty good at maths until I went in to Year 10, starting my GCSE's and I blame the teacher I had.
I had been in the top sets all throughout secondary school too and my teacher in year 9 had quite high hopes, but then came the rubbish teacher, I came out with a C though, so not bad.

Good luck hun, tell us how it goes.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Don't worryyy !

im RUBBISH at maths...and i mean RUBBISH...i was in the bottom group for maths at GCSE and only just got a C...but that was because we had a really good teacher that went out his way to help us.

Good Luck you'll do fine :)

let us know how it goes :D

·
Registered
16,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh my god, I would give my high teeth for a C in maths!!!!

When I did GCSE the first time, I got an E, then spent 2 years.... TWO YEARS doing a resit, and I got a bloody F!! Two years of work and I got worse!!!! God knows what i'll get tomorrrow, I bet I get a U LOL

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Good luck!!

I am a dum dum at maths too, the only reason I passed my GCSE was because I had all the formulas etc pencilled on the inside of my scientific calculator.... :laugh:

G

·
I am pretty good at maths now (96% in my engineering math exam :O ) but wasnt so great at school, although i managed to get a B, I found it was all down to how they taught it. I need to understand why with maths.... I didnt get Triginomitry or calculus AT ALL until i understood what it was for and had it explained a different way! (if the exam had been 2 weeks earlier Id have failed totally) I struggled at GCSE level cos I cant just parrot formulae, i need to understand it! If youd said earlier i could have tried to help you find your best way to understand it. Good luck tomorrow, i know how stressful exams that your lack confidence can be!!

/pre exam hugs

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
oh my god, I would give my high teeth for a C in maths!!!!

When I did GCSE the first time, I got an E, then spent 2 years.... TWO YEARS doing a resit, and I got a bloody F!! Two years of work and I got worse!!!! God knows what i'll get tomorrrow, I bet I get a U LOL
if i was to do the test again today i'd fail...i can't remember ANYTHING i learnt :yikes:

·
Registered
16,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good luck!!

I am a dum dum at maths too, the only reason I passed my GCSE was because I had all the formulas etc pencilled on the inside of my scientific calculator.... :laugh:
Please can I borrow your calculator :D :D :D

·
Registered
16,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am pretty good at maths now (96% in my engineering math exam :O ) but wasnt so great at school, although i managed to get a B, I found it was all down to how they taught it. I need to understand why with maths.... I didnt get Triginomitry or calculus AT ALL until i understood what it was for and had it explained a different way! I struggled at GCSE level cos I cant just parrot formulae, i need to understand it! If youd said earlier i could have tried to help you find your best way to understand it. Good luck tomorrow, i know how stressful exams that your lack confidence can be!!

/pre exam hugs
I'm pretty much the same.... I just don't understand the need for most of it, so it just doesn't go in...... and I don't get all that using letters instead of numbers....why make it harder for yourself? LOL just use numbers!!! hehe thankyou! Well, i'm likely to fail tomorrow as well so i'll be resitting it again someday, so I shall probably need all the help I can get for that :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Trigonometry, one of my most favourite parts of maths... :rolleyes:
NOT!

Lol, when I did it in year 9, I was really confused, although I had a rubbish teacher in year 10, I understood it a little better.

I'm just surprised I got the grades I did as I was hardly at school lol.
x

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
oh no! i hate maths, i was lucky to get a C lol
just remember to think logically..and guess the answers if you dont know!

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
oh no! i hate maths, i was lucky to get a C lol
just remember to think logically..and guess the answers if you dont know!
Lol, or leave them and hope you have time to go back to them. I have to say, I sped through my maths exams, I had loads of time left and checked over them about 10 times I swear and I managed to correct some of the mistakes I had actually made lol.
x

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
ive never checked over and exam ever :D lol i hate doing it....not sure why...lol. i exam well though, i hate course work...but i love exams. :D

G

·
ive never checked over and exam ever :D lol i hate doing it....not sure why...lol. i exam well though, i hate course work...but i love exams. :D
lol im the total opposite, much prefer coursework. This semester we had a "controlled assignment" for one of the engineering management units, which was basically cousework in exam conditions!!! THAT was the worst exam Iv ever sat, i hated it - but then i dont like those opinion type subjects. I like clear cut right or wrong answers hehe

·
Registered
16,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hehe i'm the other way around..... good job really since my course is all coursework based :D apart from this bloomin key skills thing :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
My son is the same. He thrives on doing exams I think he has about 3 more of his GCSE's left then he's done until he starts college in september. Then he's doing A level maths. He adores maths especially logistics. His teacher at school was great he stayed in the 2nd set for maths because he didn't like the teacher of the top set and I don't honestly think he would have done so well if he'd have gone in her class.

His teacher says he must have got his love of maths from either myself or his dad but neither of us are particulary good at it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.