Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Massive dilema

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by harley bear, May 2, 2011.

1. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Well our car went to the garage last week and we wont get it back till wednesday... anywhoo were getting used to not having the car and was jotting down how much we spend a month.... a whopping £280:eek: just to run it.
    We have made our mind up that the car has to be changed for a car thats cheaper than insurance BUT heres the dilema....... do we get rid and save for a car thats a little less painful on the insurance OR do we get rid of the car and save the money and go here..........Holiday to Maldives - Dreamticket.com Holidays[]=160282639 on holiday next yr :confused:

As silly as it sounds its driving me nuts trying to make my mind up!
    We have been to the maldives twice before and im dying to go back :eek:

2. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Holiday, you can always catch a bus to town lol. :D Your link comes up about a package builder lol

3. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

How much do you really need a car?? Can you do without one for a few years then go on holiday hun and then when you come back you can save for a new cheaper car.

xx

4. 2lisa2

2lisa2 PetForums VIP

defo a holiday if you can live without a car :D

5. harley bear

Well i wouldnt actually.... i can get the big shop delivered and pop into the village for any bits. But oh will have to get the bus to work everyday.
    I honestly an struggling to make my mind up:rolleyes:

6. harley bear

The only thing im worried about is not driving for over a yr, i think id be a bit nervous about driving after such a long time.

7. xxwelshcrazyxx

Sure hubby won't mind a couple of months on the bus :eek: it wont take long to save up again for the car then.
    But then again, you could save the money you are "making a saving on" from not having your other one, then buy a another car, then save the difference you would of been paying on the other one For You Holiday next year.:D

8. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

Yes i can understand that i would be the same xx :(

9. xxwelshcrazyxx

You wont forget, just get someone to take you out for a couple of refresher drives.

10. harley bear

Yes i have thought about that.
    I suggested that we keep the car and only use it at weekends and oh catch the bus to and from wrk and we save the money we would have used on petrol and then part ex the car when we have enough money. That way i wont loose a yrs ncb either.....
    But oh is due a hefty amount back from the tax man so that could be put towards a car aswell.

11. xxwelshcrazyxx

Well stay as you are for the time being until the Hefty Money comes in, put it together with what you saved up to then..............buy another car and put the rest aside for holiday, just keep adding to the holiday money now and again, you will soon get a good amount for a Dream Holiday.:D

12. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

Giving up driving is like giving up sex...You never forget how to do it,and it's a damn sight more exciting after a few months break...:D

13. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

What car have you got as in what sized engine? I'd have a look for cheaper car insurance before you make your mind up. Go on Ebay, find the sort of car you could use and use its number plate to get insurance quotes see what it comes out at, might be surprised?

I couldn't be without my car now :eek:

14. harley bear

Picasso 1.8, If i get a 1.6 meriva its a whopping £400 less for me to insure a yr and its a car the same size:confused: and a zafira costs £15 more than a meriva.

I used to think i couldnt do without mine.... then i discovered online shopping:D

15. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Haha I go out with the dog all the time though, there's no walks nearby hardly so its dog mobile :thumbup:

I know what you mean though online shopping is brilliant and I bet its much better to be popping into the nearest town on foot to get the odd bits and pieces fitness wise. No wonder I'm unfit, don't walk 1.5 miles home from school anymore :lol:

Where are you getting your insurance quotes from btw? Whenever I do GoCompare etc they are always more expensive than the places which don't appear usually. I think Confused.com is meant to be the best of the comparison bunch :)

16. harley bear

It killed me the other day going down the village twice to take ki to nursery... i might even loose my baby belly :rolleyes:

17. xxwelshcrazyxx

That is a massive savings isn't it. see you can put that £400 away to go for a holiday :D

18. harley bear

Yep i think thats the plan;)

19. xxwelshcrazyxx

It shouldn't take you long to save, especially with that amount of money in difference.:D

20. harley bear

Oh i hope so! Were gonna cut out the wine aswell :eek: But that starts next week (i should have three bottles delivered tomorrow):eek: Thats if they come :glare:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice