Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Marriage poll

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AmberNero, Mar 28, 2011.

?

How long had you been together before you got married?

1. 0-1 year

12.8%
  2. 1-3 years

20.2%
  3. 3-6 years

24.5%
  4. 6-9 years

17.0%
  5. 10+ years

10.6%
  6. Decided not to marry

14.9%
  1. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

Just wondering how long people waited before getting married, or if you decided not to. Went home over the weekend and got a lot of family asking when we're getting married/ engaged/ pregnant! We've been together 3 and a half years, and we are going to do all of the above- but not just now :rolleyes: Silly family pressure!

So what about you lot?

Hopefuly the poll will work- bear with me, haven't done one before!

2. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Lol poll hasn't worked, but me and OH plan on starting trying for a little one when I'm 24, so in 2-3 years! Need to squeeze in tons of travel and stuff before then...gotta get married sharpish too if everything is to go according to plan! Wanna go to Disneyworld before we've got a baby in tow!

3. Heather78

Heather78 PetForums Senior

We were together 2 years before :)

4. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

I like your plan, Argent! Especially the bit about Disneyland!

5. Chinquary

Chinquary PetForums Senior

Not married yet, but hoping to get engaged this year (he's still got 9 months left. :lol:)

In June we'll have been together 3 years. I'm still studying so won't be getting married until that's out the way, so we'd probably be together 5 years before we get hitched.

As above, wanna travel and go to Disneyworld before babies!! And due to money etc don't want to pop em out until been married at least a year, so about 25/6. (I'm 22 now!)

A friend of mine got enaged when they'd been together 6 months, and married a year later. That is waaaaay to soon imo. They were friends for a year or so first, but not overly close. She was 22 when she got married last summer.

6. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Hell's yeah! Gotta get on them rollercoasters and go crazy before there's a baby on board :p I've only just discovered this year, I like rollercoasters lol

7. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

is your partner aware of your plan? :lol:

8. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Got engaged after 3 weeks.

Got married at 20 months because we had to wait for his divorce to go through otherwise it would have been much sooner.

It's been nearly 3.5 years now and I still love him to bits!!! :D

Sometimes ya just know!!

9. missyme

missyme PetForums VIP

we were together 6 years before we got married we had a 3 yr old by then too :D

was just making sure i had the right man ha ha :tongue_smilie:

10. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

lol i'm still not married. Been engaged for almost 2 years and we roughly decided on waiting another 4-6 as we're still young(20 this year for both of us) and we need to save up. We will have been together for 4 years on the same date as our engagment(propsed to me on our anniversary). Neither of us are that bothered about when but we do want to marry someday :eek:

11. Chinquary

Chinquary PetForums Senior

:lol: ya he is. He wanted to get engaged last year and I was like :eek: noooo not yet. He wants to whisk me away somewhere to do it anyway, and we were so broke last year. Things are looking better financially this year. =]

12. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

:lol: I saw my friend yesterday for lunch and to meet her twins again (4 months old, A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!) And she told me that before she knew she was pregnant she went onto a rolercoaster with her man, as it looked pretty tame and she's not a fan of them generally- but it was a twisty-turny-jerky, uppy-downy jobbie, so her OH's favourite story of how they got twins was that the force of the ride split the cells! :lol:

so be warned! :lol: :D

13. tinamary

tinamary PetForums VIP

We have been together for 31 years in May this year. First 24 were a nightmare until i got the courage to kick him out. Then realised that it was not just him. I started work full time and changed my life doing things in my spare time such as working voluntary in a wildlife centre which i wanted to do but thought he wouldn't approve. We got back together after a month and i think that he realised i had changed so he had to. He stopped going out everynight and only goes at weekends.
    We have a great life now and talk so much. He still makes me laugh and i would not swop him for the world.
    He loves my animals and thats the main thing.

AmberNero likes this.
  14. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Lol I wouldn't mind twins ;) Just hoping we can squeeze in everything we wanted to do before any kids arrive...or we'll have to wait til they're old enough to come with >.<

15. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

5 years before I married Mr DB but only because we had both been bitten very badly in previous marriages :rolleyes: so took a bit of time to realy trust again :eek: but Im very very happy & he know's he is :D

16. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

aw well fingers crossed it happens. have never been engaged (bit of a sore point :( ) but when it does happen would like it to be a surprise

#16 manic rose, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  17. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

This is really inspiring xx

18. tinamary

tinamary PetForums VIP

Or mad.:D lol

19. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

oops I marked 10 should be 4 yrs...sorry

20. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

....is that because it felt like 10 yrs? :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice