UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrow is becoming a grown up doggy now :D Two weeks ago he cocked his leg for the first time, and he has since starting marking wherever another dog pees... he will stand with his nose at Jake's bum until he finished peeing, and then Arrow hops forward and marks :D It is all very exciting :lol:

However, with this new leg cocking and marking, another behaviour has also come. Arrow is now marking in peoples houses! He hasn't done it in mine, but he did it in OHs house twice in the one night. Once in the kitchen, and once in the living room. He had come in from outside two minutes earlier when he did the first one... it was a seriously teeny trickle, but a trickle all the same.

Then, yesterday he did it in the house of the dog I walk :rolleyes: Again, it was a little trickle...

I don't want this to continue, and I need him to go to other houses without him peeing! So, does anyone have any tips on how I could sort this?

·
Registered
8,792 Posts
I always have to remind my male when he goes into the living room not to pee...lol I say no pee ....I started by when I saw him going to mark I say outside...no pee and getting him out right away...unfortunately I still have to remind him every time we go in the living room and if I don't he will mark, but with 3 girls intact I'm pretty lucky he listens to this most of the time....I also do not allow any other male dogs in my house cause then for sure he will mark....

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always have to remind my male when he goes into the living room not to pee...lol I say no pee ....I started by when I saw him going to mark I say outside...no pee and getting him out right away...unfortunately I still have to remind him every time we go in the living room and if I don't he will mark, but with 3 girls intact I'm pretty lucky he listens to this most of the time....I also do not allow any other male dogs in my house cause then for sure he will mark....
Aw lol I might need to try that with Arrow... When he did in the house of the dog I walk, I said 'ah ah', and he did stop but he looked awfully proud of himself :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.