UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok as I may have mentioned one or twice :eek: my Manifold Valley Meats order was due to be delivered today, and it was :D

On arrival, I opened the boxes and took a photo for you guys to see :D

Yes it took rather a long time to sort out :p

I am really pleased with the goods and the dogs loved it so far ;)

The downside was they had no lamb necks, ribs or venison necks :(. I was really looking forward to them :rolleyes:

However the rest looks good and the sausage shape makes it much easier to it in the freezer :p. everything is labelled properly (unlike another supplier I have used!) and they very kindly chopped the rabbits into thirds (fat dog wouldn't get fed for a week if he had a whole one :eek: :p). The customer service is excellent and will definitely be placing another order with them, and will be buying myself some meat next time :D

So ultimately I am really pleased so far :D :p

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
WOW!! thats the biggest order iv ever seen!
What did you get all together?

Cant wait til I can get a bigger freezer..or two...Id be in my element sorting all that out :D (So sad :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can i be cheeky and ask how much it cost :D
A small fortune :eek: :crazy: :D

Ok putting into context ;) the order is for me and 2 friends and weighed in approximate 275lbs plus box of bunnies and 8 lamb breast :D cost around £245 :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :lol: We don't do things by halves :eek: :p

I have to say I will still use my other supplier for the lumps, chunks and fish, but Manifolds have some different products and quality seems really good :D

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW!! thats the biggest order iv ever seen!
What did you get all together?

Cant wait til I can get a bigger freezer..or two...Id be in my element sorting all that out :D (So sad :rolleyes:)
We do tend to do big orders as we combine order so works out cheaper but leaves me sorting it out :p

We ordered hare shoulders, best beef mince, beef tripe mince, lamb tripe mince, chicken mince, Eco beef mince, minced game, chunked beef heart, ox liver, beef and chicken mix mince, lambs liver, Eco lamb mince, Eco pork mince, lamb breast, bunnies, chicken drumsticks and chicken thighs :crazy:

I have a chest freezer, under counter freezer and half of my Dad's chest freezer :thumbsup: the best investment after the big dog :001_wub: was my chest freezer :lol:

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
A small fortune :eek: :crazy: :D

Ok putting into context ;) the order is for me and 2 friends and weighed in approximate 275lbs plus box of bunnies and 8 lamb breast :D cost around £245 :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :lol: We don't do things by halves :eek: :p

I have to say I will still use my other supplier for the lumps, chunks and fish, but Manifolds have some different products and quality seems really good :D
:eek: wow you don't do things by half! it's alot of food though :lol:

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:eek: wow you don't do things by half! it's alot of food though :lol:
I live on a steep hill so am preparing for being snowed in :blink: :w00t:....................

........for several months :hand: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I have so much freezer space I like to fill it :eek: I totally over order frequently :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
I live on a steep hill so am preparing for being snowed in :blink: :w00t:....................

........for several months :hand: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I have so much freezer space I like to fill it :eek: I totally over order frequently :eek: :lol:
Haha love it :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
I hope they have lamb necks for my delivery..

Wow £200! I can only fit £80 in my freezers and that lasts me two months! I've doing a double order with MVM and DAF. As MVM don't do everything I need or want.

·
Registered
12,925 Posts
Omg ! You must have cleared them out :-D
That looks amazing. Would be great if the delivered all the way to me one day

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hope they have lamb necks for my delivery..

Wow £200! I can only fit £80 in my freezers and that lasts me two months! I've doing a double order with MVM and DAF. As MVM don't do everything I need or want.
Mine alone was about £90 ;) and will last ages :D

If you are having a delivery this week then doubt you will get lamb necks either :(

Omg ! You must have cleared them out :-D
That looks amazing. Would be great if the delivered all the way to me one day
:lol: they have pretty much been emptied of goodies :lol: but wasn't me alone, I never work alone :crazy: :lol:

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Mine alone was about £90 ;) and will last ages :D

If you are having a delivery this week then doubt you will get lamb necks either :(
Well I need lamb necks. Hmm. Might email them and ask - I always leave "Could you let me know if you have anything out of stock in order for me to change my order" because I can't order regularly :/

Louie's exclusion diet means I'm ordering 6 weeks before I need to anyway.

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
I love the look of some of the products but I couldn't be dealing with them being out of stock of stuff like lamb bones...My current supplier so far has had everything I wanted or a pretty decent alternative. Plus stuff coming in 5kg lots wouldn't be helpful for me either :(

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
I love the look of some of the products but I couldn't be dealing with them being out of stock of stuff like lamb bones...My current supplier so far has had everything I wanted or a pretty decent alternative. Plus stuff coming in 5kg lots wouldn't be helpful for me either :(
TBH, if you talk to them, being butchers they are quite happy to work with you. I've emailed them seeing about certain things and if they can do it, they're quite happy to. So drop them an email and see.. have you joined the FB group? One of the MVM team is on there so she'll be able to answer your questions. Teresa Machin I believe.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.