Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

mange mites

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by sonia123, Aug 21, 2013.

1. sonia123

sonia123 PetForums Member

Hi all is anyone willing to help me with a query I have on mange mites in guinea pigs

2. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

I have 8 guinea pigs, what do you need to know?

3. sonia123

I have 2 guinea pigs and one was treated for mange mites about a month and a half ago he was treated at the vets with ivermectin he had four shots of it because the mange mites was quite bad.so the problem is after a month and a half he has gettin them again so I dont understand why.so any help from you would me really helpful:D

4. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

did you treat both pigs? it could be the other one is carrying thembut not effected by them, also if you use large bags of bedding or hay and are still on the same bag they could have got into the bag

you can use the xeno spot on treatmets (as they contain ivermectin) or direct injections

Xeno 450 6 Pipettes Ivermectin Spot on - £20.16

i would strongly recomend treating both

5. sonia123

No I havent treated the other one as he was showing no signs of mange mites so I did not know this could happen.and I also tried lots of different types of hay so at the moment im using burgess excell hay which I think is really good.my guinea pigs are on fleece too

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice