Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Manchester dogs home

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by danielled, Jun 3, 2010.

1. danielled

danielled Guest

As you know I am a dog walker at manchester dogs home. Manchester dogs home are always looking for dog walkers to help them and are also grateful for donations of dog food for the dogs. Your support is appreciated by everyone at the dogs home. If you can't offer a dog a home don't worry the dog food will help us alot. Thank you for your support.:)

2. PurpleCrow

PurpleCrow PetForums VIP

I've got a volunteer application filled out for Manc dogs home! Will be sending it off tomorrow :D

3. danielled

danielled Guest

Good luck I love it. Is it the dog walking you are interested in. Thats what I do.

4. PurpleCrow

PurpleCrow PetForums VIP

Anything to be honest, I cant remember what ones I picked on the list but they can stick me anywhere that they need help :)

Need to work out how to get there yet mind you LOL

5. danielled

danielled Guest

I can help you there. Go on google and type in manchester dogs home somewhere on their website they should have directions for you. It's right near the manchester dogs home shop.

6. PurpleCrow

PurpleCrow PetForums VIP

Do you know what buses go past it or near it?

7. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Manchester Dogs Home is the saddest rescue i've ever been to :(

we went there last year looking for a second dog and I was almost in tears walking out of there, its just so sad.

Hope you get lots and lots of lovely donations and have plenty of walkers. Unfortunately I live too far away to get there and help as I can't drive and am busy 6 days a week but once i'm driving i'd love to be a dog walker for them.

8. PurpleCrow

PurpleCrow PetForums VIP

Do you know what buses go near/past it by any chance?

9. danielled

danielled Guest

I don't know but I will find out for you and let you know.

10. PurpleCrow

PurpleCrow PetForums VIP

Aw thanks!! I really appreciate it :D

11. danielled

danielled Guest

I know what you mean they are very good at finding dogs homes. Thank you. I want to do all I can to help them.

12. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

No problem :) I only live about an hours bus journey outside of Manchester centre but it's just too difficult a journey for me to make when I don't drive. I'd love to go back there when I can drive and help the dogs though :)

They do seem to go very quickly, we saw a dog we liked the look of and the girl practically hounded us into coming back later with our other dog to try them together! But we had hardly looked at any of the other local rescues so decided to go to them first as we knew that dog would most likely have a home very quickly, whereas some of our local rescues aren't so busy so the dogs are there a lot longer.... at the rescue I used to work for there was a Collie cross who was there for nearly 4 years :( fortunately someone from East Yorkshire spotted her on the website and she went to live with them :)

13. danielled

danielled Guest

We walked a lovely dog there today. Walked alot of dogs at manchester dogs home.

14. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

That is a nice thread Danielled, everything helps dont it. I hope you get alot of help,

15. danielled

danielled Guest

Your welcome. I will pm you with details about how to find it as well if you like.

16. danielled

danielled Guest

Thank you it's nice to give something back to them.

17. PurpleCrow

PurpleCrow PetForums VIP

If you can that would be wonderful! Thanks for your help :thumbup:

18. danielled

danielled Guest

Your welcome I will do all I can to help you ok. Going back there next week I think.

19. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

Have you ever been into the part of Manchester Dogs Home where they keep the stray dogs for 7 days??

That place is a disgrace!

My last foster came from there and was a mess.

The don't feed the death row dogs for the 7 days they are there as it's a waste of food, they don't walk them, play with them etc.

The litterally sit there for 7 days and wait for their turn to die!

20. danielled

danielled Guest

Don't think I have been into that part but they are very good at finding homes for the dogs as I have already said. Most of the dogs I have seen there are very well looked after. As for walking the dogs us volunteer dog walkers help them by walking the dogs and I for one love it.

#20 danielled, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2010
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice