Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Man Flu (a cold)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by suewhite, May 9, 2010.

1. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

My OH has what he says is flu (a cold)he is driving me mad he keeps making this strange moaning noise everytime he blows his nose or coughs he gets more symptoms by the hour and his catch fraze all weekend has been "Oh my God" his list of medications are Lemsips,Nurofen,Vick Chest Rub,Vick Inhalor and cough sweets.He has"nt slept a wink he says for 2 nights but I know different as he kept me awake snoring all night:eek:he has just gone for a lay down but thinks he will be able to manage his Roast Dinner.Wondering if this is whats called Man Flu:lol::lol:

2. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

lmao sounds like a classic case if you ask me!

although my OH isnt a moaner which is good...he doesnt even moan if he has a headache which is unusual for a man!

he came off his motorbike and badly bruised his leg but refused to moan about it or go to A&E as he could have had bone damage for all we knew.
    the only thing he did different was ask work to hire him an automatic as he couldnt use his leg properly for 2 weeks, i was very proud of him, he didnt murmer once about it....(i would have)

3. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

ah Sue I remember the dreaded man flu,
    although my fav was the mystery illness that would come over him after a night on the town, but no it couldnt ahve been a hangover!!!

4. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

5. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

lmao ive heard that one from my OH too :p was highly amusing, i took every ouze of pee i could out of him lol

6. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

haha my OH suffers from them too!!

Luckily he's never had man flu - being self employed and working outdoors all year round i won't give him the oppertunity to come down with it!

7. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

I know exactly what you mean Sue, those grunts, groans and sighs with every exhale drive me mad too :thumbup:

8. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

That is the sounds of Man Flu alright, on his medication list he didnt put down one thing..............hands round neck and squeeze until BLUE. lolol:lol:
    Oh and a little hand bell to call you when he wants something like the tele to be changed over channels, coz the remote will be too heavy for his little hands................:scared:

9. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

my oh gets man flu, must have a weak immune system :rolleyes:

i just ignore him now and when he groans i tell him to go to bed and stay out my way, im not known for sympathy when people are ill :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice