Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Man Eats Dog!!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by srhdufe, Aug 16, 2009.

1. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

2. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

I was horrified it was on our local news he lives in the same city as us. I get cultural differences and all that but still its hard to imagine eating a pet.

3. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

not evil, just a different culture. Why is it worse than when a British farmer takes an orphan lamb into his house, warms it by the aga, bottle feeds it then sends it off to the abbatoir? Because he killed it himself? Shouldn't anyone who meats meat be prepared to take responsibility for the whole process of slaughter and butchery?

Don't think I approve of what he did: I don't. But then I don't approve of the way most farm animals raised for meat are treated either. I'm not prepared to kill animals, or have someone else do it on my behalf, so I don't eat them.

4. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

It is evil.... The way the dog was treated.... I bet like total SH!T! I dnt agree with eating dogs at all. With cows its totally different, we raise them to be either food, millk or to breed. The same with chickens and most other farm animals! But dogs arent there to BE eaten, most of them for pets! Its DISGUSTING!!!

5. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Unfortunately in some countries, they are.

As much as it is wrong to us, I do agree that it is not evil - it's just a different culture. I did think when I read it that it is no worse than people from cultures such as our own eating meat from farm animals. The way in which thousands upon thousands of our produce animals are treated both in life and death is much worse than the quick slaughter of one animal, believe me.

We had chickens which we kept as pets and people were always asking if we would eat them, and we wouldn't dream of it but we still ate chicken.... just not ours!!

It's not nice to us because we treat our dogs as family members but that man is from a different culture and didn't see the problem with it - just as most of us wouldn't see the big deal if we were tucking into a hamburger and someone started calling us evil and cruel.... most of us don't see the problem with it! (except vegetarians and vegans, of course)

6. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Some cultures raise dogs for food like we raise cattle. Either raising animals to eat is evil, or it isn't. It's not philosophically valid to say raising one species for food is evil, and for another species it's OK, when both cattle and dogs can suffer. If it's not OK for dogs to suffer, why is OK that cattle suffer? A line has to be drawn somewhere, and that place is different between cultures.

alphadog and Tigerneko like this.
  7. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

this is unbelieveable, it would be bad enough if the dog had died naturally and the man then ate it, but to actually kill it to eat is barbaric.

8. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

:nonod: Not going to read it, I'm emotional enough today as it is :(

9. kendal

kendal PetForums Senior

i wouldn't like to do it my self. but i understand that it is a different culture. some countries are only just starting to see dogs as pet.

there are a good number of people on hear who keep chickens as pets dose that mean its wrong for us to eat chickens. there are people who keep sheep and pigs as pets so is it wrong to eat lam, mutton and pork.

we have never been brought up to see dogs as food, wee see them as companions and as tool to be used for the many tasks that we imply them for.

10. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

You have no idea how he treated his dog before killing it. You're jumping to conclusions again. While eating dogs isn't the done thing here it's very narrow minded to think anyone who does is pure evil.

"With cows it's totally different".....HERE. Not the world over. If you went to India and killed a cow for it's meat you would find yourself sentenced to life in prison. Even if a cow is killed acccidentally you would be sentenced to having to shave your head so everyone would know what you had done.

The majority of guinea pigs in the world are used for food. Cats are boiled alive in China.

Unless you buy free range chicken or eggs you are no better than this man as far as animal cruelty goes, that's IF he was found to have abused his dog or killed it inhumanely.

Bring empathetic towards animals is all well and good but why does one animal deserve to be treated any better or worse than another? Why is it ok for me to treat my dog like a queen then to go and feed her chicken from a battery farm?

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I'm not getting into another free range/organic egg debate but you're being just as judgemental if not more so than Sahunk :nonod: :(

12. Baby Bordie

Because as you said about cows.... In THIS country, killing a dog and eating it should be a life sentence! Its all different in every country, so since he killed a dog, and most dogs are our pets, were going to find it disgusting! Its also not our choice how they kill the chickens, we just eat the chicken, and from eating chicken from a child, im going to think it right! So if i suddenly hear that people are eating OUR pets, i would find it disgusting! And you said im jumping to conclusions again? When did i last do it?

13. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

I completely disagree with killing and eating dogs...
    I dont eat any meat but thats not the point!
    The point is, it's cruel and completely wrong! It's damn right discusting and he should have been sentenced to a life in prison.. That should be the case worldwide!..
    Oh what i wouldnt give to spend 10 mins in a room with him! :cursing:

14. Baby Bordie

Totally agree! I dread to think what the dog went through! :mad: :cursing:

15. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

But it is your choice how the chicken lives it's life.

It can either be:

[​IMG]

OR

[​IMG]

Of course you can be disgusted. Who wasn't. But it's not ok to think one animal has a right to a better life than another.

16. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

What an evil tw*t..How could you have a pet dog and then eat it! That has made my stomach turn..
    The man imo is nothing more than murdering scum!! :(

17. Baby Bordie

Its not MY choice, its MY choice to by free range (Which i do)

No, i dont think one animal has a better life than another, But IMO most farm animals are food, and most house animals are pets!

18. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

dito :cursing:

19. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

I couldn't ever imagine eating a dog or cat or many other animals to be honest but i am aware that in some cultures it is acceptable and i respect that so long as the animal is killed humanely. Accepting and approving are two different things i might add.

20. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Whilst i cant understand the mentality of such a thing, i have to say it doesnt disgust me.

Aslong as the dog was humanely killed (something we dont know either way) then i see no problem with someone eating a dog. I have no problem with people eating ANY animal, as long as it had a decent life before hand, and was killed quickly without pain or stress.

I value ALL animal life equally and i think its very ignorant to say that some have more rights than others. They all feel pain, they all feel suffering, and they all have the right to a decent quality of life.

I choose not to eat meat, not because i dont agree with it, but because of the inhumane ways they are reared and slaughtered. Because so many people see them as "food" rather than the sentient beings they are, they are destined to suffer and die a horrible death.

Id rather eat that dog than the intensively reared rubbish in this country.

alphadog likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice