Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mammary tumors in cat

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by marceld, Sep 7, 2020.

1. marceld

marceld PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone!

Need some advice on cancer treatment in cats.
    My cat is 13 and she was diagnosed with mammary tumors (some maybe even 2cm and 2 nipples are inflated), somewhere about 5 months. At the time doctor said that it might not be cancer for now, but will probably transform.

He advised surgery as soon as possible, we refused and decided to try some herbal tinctures (Conium), couch grass and probiotics. And looks like it helped, they stopped growing, nipples decreased in size a bit.
    But Conium is poisonous so we had to take some breaks with it. Ive stopped treatment 2-3 weeks ago and now these inflated nipples changed color to red with some dark blue spots.

Reading through internet Ive found out that some people used Bromocriptine (Bromocriptin-Richter) in treatment of cancerous tumors in cats (even though it is supposed to be used on humans).

As for the cat: she eats, sleeps, washes herself and likes caressing. Of course I can't say for sure if she doesn't suffer pain, but imo her overal "mood" is ok.

So what do you think of Bromocriptine and are there any alternatives to treat mammary tumors without surgery? What's your expirience of treating cancer in cats?

Image of one of the two inflated nipples

Thank you.
    Marcel.

Attached Files:

2. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

Hi, if I were you I would opt for the veterinary cancer treatment. Many plants are poisonous for cats so you could well be doing more harm than good.

Chemo in cats is usually very well tolerated, it's not the same severe side effects that some people get. So please ask your vet about chemo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice