Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Male or female?

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Jennamarie85, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Jennamarie85

Jennamarie85 PetForums Newbie

Could anyone tell me if my new kitten is male or female please.
    The cat rescue place we got kitten from said kitten was male. Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

Looks like a girl but the photo is not clear enough. Very dirty bottom too.

How old is the kitten? I assume they irresponsibly let the kitten leave entire if the sex isn't known

3. Jennamarie85

Yes the kittens bottom is dirty. I clean his bottom but took my chance to take a picture whilst in view.

Kitten is not old enough to be spayed so it's nothing to do with being irresponsible. The kitten is from a rescue as they trapped the kittens as mother had sadly died.

4. Rufus15

Rufus15 ~ Orrono Maine Coons ~

Kittens can be neutered from 1kg which is usually around 8 weeks so yes, it is irresponsible to place without neutering

5. Jennamarie85

Yes I understand this but the kitten is 6 weeks

6. Jennamarie85

The charity have said once the kitten is of age/weight that they will be neutering... So I don't think that's being irresponsible.

7. spotty cats

Underage as well, poor baby :( good rescues keep them until they're of age and a good weight

Tigermoon and moomoowawa like this.
  8. Jennamarie85

We are fostering the kitten as there was no room at the rescue.
    I wish people would know the full story before they assume as we all know what assuming does.

9. Rufus15

Rufus15 ~ Orrono Maine Coons ~

We get numerous threads with underage kittens, its frustrating. Nowhere in your first post did you say you were fostering, you said you got a kitten from a rescue. We can only go on the information you provide

spotty cats likes this.
  10. spotty cats

I took these posts to mean you adopted the kitten from a rescue as fostering wasn't mentioned

Rufus15 likes this.
  11. moomoowawa

moomoowawa PetForums Member

Well that's a load of crap and you know it.
    You started a thread on 15 November asking for advice about what kind of kitten to get because you wanted a second cat. You were advised to wait until whatever kitten you chose was old enough and you thanked the poster for that advice.

Don't be disingenuous. You're not "fostering" an abandoned kitten, which would imply you're nurturing a kitten in professional level conditions until it is old enough to be adopted. You've been given an underage kitten which you're "trialling" for 2 weeks (presumably meaning you'll be giving it back if it doesn't work out).

Whatever charity you're working with seems pretty shady to me. They've given you a 6 week old kitten to "test drive" and they haven't even told you its sex?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice