Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Male Lurcher, 5 years old in Southampton !

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by mckitty, Aug 19, 2013.

1. mckitty

mckitty PetForums VIP

Male Lurcher, 5 years old, entire, not good with small furries. Owner has tried every rescue he can think of but dog currently advertised Free to good home on Gumtree. Owner is moving in 3 days, cannot take dog, who is currently living outside of a property, visited only by his girlfriend twice a day. Location: Southampton, owner willing to transport him up to 2 hrs away but because he is on benefits (made redundant last yr) until new job starts cannot afford any further. I am contact on this for them after emailing their advert to advise of danger of "Free to Good Home". Please - can anyone help? They have been considering PTS as every rescue have turned them away. The dog spends 23 hrs a day on his own and on Wednesday they will have no other option but that one way trip to the vets

please contact

https://www.facebook.com/mariannefjackson

thanks x

2. Dogpsycho

Dogpsycho PetForums Newbie

Contacted & home offered. Just waiting to hear back. Fingers, arms, legs, eyes - ALL crossed :):thumbsup:

3. mckitty

mckitty PetForums VIP

thanks dogpyscho, hope its good news xxx

4. Dogpsycho

Dogpsycho PetForums Newbie

Got the phone number from the Gumtree ad, phoned them & told them that I was offering a home & was told that Southern Lurcher Rescue (SLR) were visiting the next day & that they would contact me after the visit. I suggested that SLR might want to contact me about the rehoming, etc. and that I was more than happy for a home check, etc. Never heard any more ! From anyone ! People ! So I adopted an ex racing greyhound instead !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice