Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Male Cat Raw Organ Meat

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Abbas Haider, Apr 5, 2021 at 7:33 AM.

1. Abbas Haider

Abbas Haider PetForums Newbie

Hi,

I have a male Persian punch face cat. He's a 1-year-old adult.
    My question is, can I feed him raw form of goat kidneys & testicals? because it has a very high protein rate, plus it's good for male health.

Need suggestions of experts/people who experienced this.

Thanks.

2. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Organs only form a small part of a balanced raw diet. No idea how it's good for 'male health'.

Calvine and Maurey like this.
  3. Abbas Haider

Abbas Haider PetForums Newbie

didn you experience it before with your cats?

4. Maurey

Maurey Maine Coon Madness

Balanced raw food is one of the best thing to feed a cat. Adding testicles or goat kidneys into a diet will not be any more beneficial than using commonly available organ meats. 5% liver out of around 10% organ meat in a balanced raw diet is suggested, as it is a great source of vitamin A.

5. OrientalSlave

I don't feed raw

6. Tigermoon

Tigermoon PetForums VIP

If you mean can your cat live healthily on a diet of goat kidneys and testicals alone then the answer is no, he can't. That would be a very unbalanced diet and you would be building yourself up for potentially serious problems and hefty vet bills down the line.

A raw diet should consist of an 80-10-10 ratio - 80% muscle meat, 10% organ meat and 10% bone. Testicals are classed as organ meat, but fall into the 'not the best' category. Liver and Kidney are far better nutritionally, hence why they are the most likely to be used for the organ content in raw food recipes.

OrientalSlave likes this.
  7. OrientalSlave

I still don't get why they are good for 'male health'. I'm not even sure what is special about that. And I hate the phrase 'punch face'.

8. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

Maybe because testicles are a ''male organ'' so the masculinity somehow transfers to the male cat and enhances his ''performance'' :). Not sure what female organs you'd feed a female cat in that case? Don't forget that in some places they believe that bile from a bear has an incredible effect on male virility so they ''milk'' them. . . God, don't ask me!

9. Tigermoon

Tigermoon PetForums VIP

Certain "medicine shops" spout rubbish about how eating the male parts of animals boosts virility and fertility. None of it has any basis in fact of course but some don't need this to believe. As for "punch face" the only people I've heard use that term are BYBs and subsequently those that buy from them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice