Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Malamute vs shih tzu

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by georgiamac, Nov 13, 2012.

1. georgiamac

georgiamac PetForums Newbie

Firstly I would like to say hello to everyone on here. I am new to this and and finding my feet around this forum. So... HELLO

My question is for anyone that has a small dog and a large dog housed together. My wee shih tzu plays very rough with my Malamute. My mal is 22 or 23 weeks old and my shih tzu 1 year old. Although they play rough they get on really well. But.. my Mal is getting very big and I am finding it hard now to control this play as it sounds very out of hand. It sounds worse than it is. I have the feeling though that it could very easily become nasty. I just feel like I am constantly shouting at them all the time. I would welcome any tips to stop this if I am not too late. When they wake they do this till they sleep. If I separate them they cry for each other. Or is this something that will not get out of hand and this might just be how they will continue to play?

Ps I have just come back into this message and I think I have posted in the wrong place.. Like I said I am new to all this lol Ill soon sort it out x
    Georgia

#1 georgiamac, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  2. LauraJane9

LauraJane9 PetForums Senior

Try posting this in the 'Dog Chat' section, it gets a lot more traffic so you are more likely to find someone that can help.

3. astara

astara PetForums Senior

hello i have a yorkie girl 6 and harvey lab 20months and they play together sometimes it very loud in our house bonnie constantley get up in harvey grill he just plays until he had enough of her domient they cuddle together play together and get annoyed with each other if it get to bare teeth we'd step in mind that never happend as yet wen they have eniough bonnie go on settee harvey goes in the kitchen

4. Knightofalbion

Knightofalbion PetForums VIP

Welcome to the forum, dear Georgia.

5. K9Steve

K9Steve PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome! :)

6. georgiamac

Thank you :)

7. georgiamac

Thanks for that... I thought I had done it in the correct place lol :)

8. georgiamac

Hope I have done this right there was no quick reply thingy on your post.... Thanks for your message. Your picture of the pup is lovely. I'm sure in time my dogs will grow up and quieten down lol. :smile5:

9. K9Steve

K9Steve PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice