Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Makita Update - We found another Akita in the Village!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Milliepoochie, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

I wanted to give a quick update on Makita :) and also share some news that we found another AKita owner in the village :). My OH had said he had seen another Akita as the man brings it to the primary school when he picks up his children. Well we met the owner last night and he loooooved Makita. It was fantastic talking to another Akita owner and we are going to arrange to meet up one weekend and let them meet. :) I will take a camera! :)

Makita is doing really well. He is definately more cheeky than Millie, we have had his crate dragged across the room, 1 Bed eaton, dogs food stolen from its storage shelf (Still cant work out how he got so high!) and he is incaperble of drinking without dripping his water everywhere! :D And I really mean every where :D I cannot wear cotton jogging bottoms for dog walking now unless I want to look like a Yeti (Chav tastic shiny trackies all the way now!) :D Also he has a really odd toilet habit :eek: When he wants to do a number 2 he starts scanning around for a bush, he will then reverse himself into it as deep as he can before relieving himself! :eek: This makes it quite arkward to pick it up, especially when there are stinging nettles! He took me by suprise yesterday, we were walking along a pavment, he suddenly stopped, reversed into a flower bed and relieved himself haha. :) Luckily the home owner saw the funny side and saw me clean up.

In general he has really settled though, he is content being crated at night and he is turning into a proper character. :)

#1 Milliepoochie, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  2. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

He sounds like he's settling in really well

Although I think you need to add more pics of them - the last ones were beautiful, he really is a stunning boy :D

3. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Haha what a weird way to poo.... Perhaps you could litter train him lol imagine the size of the litter tray :D

That will be nice to get to know another Akita owner, pictures are a must :D

4. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Ohhh, where are the pics? :( :lol:

Sounds like he is settling in nicely :)

And what a weird way to poo! :lol:

5. DirtyGertie

DirtyGertie PetForums VIP

We've also got an "I want to hide behind the bush to poo" dog :lol: although she does go in forward rather than reverse! And yes, it does make it awkward to pick it up, especially when it's a low bush against a wall.

I've had to change our route to avoid this area at the moment. It is frequented by owners with big dogs who don't pick up :mad: and the council came to strim the grass yesterday so the poo got strimmed as well :w00t:, almost impossible to avoid it at the moment when you want to do the right thing and pick up after your own dog.

How nice to find another Akita owner. And yes, pics please!

6. pinklady

pinklady PetForums Member

The poo thing is definetly an Akita trait!!!! both of mine do it too and it you dare to look when they are mid flow it is sucked back in!!!!!! Glad you are getting on well. x

7. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

Jake was a demon for reverse pooing and Brig has to poo on a log or up a tree-weirdo!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice