Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Making Bella the 'face' of my business

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Emraa, May 6, 2010.

1. Emraa

Emraa PetForums Senior

I am a dog groomer and really would like to make my dog Bella the face of the business, so she would appear on all of my ads etc.
    She isn't an ideal candidate as she is smooth coated and black, so no funny hairstyles or colours are possible!
    I did think about covering her in soap suds but she always looks so sad in the bath!

Anyone got ony ideas of where/how to pose her, and what props to use?? I have attached a couple of pics of her to give you an idea of what she looks like.

Attached Files:

2. luvmydogs

luvmydogs PetForums VIP

I'd cover her in soap suds and give her her most favourite, smelly, tasty treat, to make her look happier.

3. cutekiaro1

cutekiaro1 PetForums VIP

same I would love to see a piccie of that :D

4. Emraa

Emraa PetForums Senior

I hope to get some pics done this weekend so i will post some if they are successful!

5. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Can you pose her leaning on the grooming table with a grooming apron on with all the brushes out for her to use with her paw on one as though to pick it up. Then maybe a little bichon or something on the table..... Might take ages to set it up and probably get a bit frustrating but qould look good when done

6. Colliepoodle

Colliepoodle PetForums VIP

Honestly? I think she's gorgeous BUT black dogs, sadly, just aren't as appealing to most people as other colours, which is why rescues struggle to rehome them. If you're going to use an image for marketing it makes sense to use something that will appeal to the vast majority, otherwise there's no point, surely?

7. Jasper's Bloke

Jasper's Bloke PetForums VIP

Why not go in completely the opposite direction to the soapy, but grumpy dog and try shooting a dirty, muddy, but very happy dog instead? Perhaps a shot against white with a few muddy paw prints, which would leave lots of room for copy on things like business cards etc.

Black dogs are difficult, but not impossible, to shoot well. This is an off the cuff shot I did of my own dog not long after we got him.

If you are local (West Mids) then I wouldn't mind helping out with the shoot Elegant Portraits by Marcus Price

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice