Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Making a valerian cat toy

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by bmr10, Mar 11, 2021.

1. bmr10

bmr10 PetForums Junior

Hi!! Not sure which forum to post this in so sorry if it’s not meant to be here.
    Basically, I’m wanting to sew a cat toy for Miri. She’s not that big on cat nip but she likes the amuller cat nip veggies and valerian ferret/pillow from zooplus. The issue is she’s a small cat and I’m wanting something she can carry in her mouth while walking. She’s learnt “fetch” and we play fetch with a small plush fish she has but it’s falling apart so I thought I’d try making my own one.
    Does anyone know if the valerian root used for tea/herbal medicine is any different from that used in cat toys? It’s the only form I can find of it and I don’t drink tea/practice herbal medicine so not wanting to buy it for it to just go to waste ):
    Thanks!!

2. QOTN

QOTN PetForums VIP

I occasionally have requests for valerian toys and I use some kindly donated by @SbanR . I believe it came from a friend of hers so perhaps she can give you details. I think it must be valerian leaves as it seems very similar to catnip in appearance. If you wish to try a small amount I could send you some. Just message me with your details.

bmr10 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice