Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Maine coons

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Chris13, May 28, 2020.

1. Chris13

Chris13 PetForums Junior

They love water

I have a water fountain for diva which not only does she drink from she splashes all the water everywhere and won't stop untill it's empty its fun for her but I am also aware my flooring won't last

I have tried lettin her play in the bath with running water but she's not as keen

I know they love water and don't want her not having fun but she's always soaking wet

Diva by name diva by nature such a madam

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Put the water bowl in a big wide shallow bin or tray of some kind, this will contain the water when it is spilled, and she won't be without something to drink when she needs it.

Something she can step into to get to the water, but will catch the spills.

Rufus15 likes this.
  3. Rufus15

Rufus15 PetForums VIP

As above, I used a shallow storage box and emptied it periodically

4. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

You could try putting a puppy pad underneath the fountain. I get mine from pound stretchers pet hut. They are very reasonable in there. I have to have them as Simba started messing in the bath. He is not a naturally dirty cat. When we told our vet what was going on he said he had IBD / IBS I can’t remember which one it is. He only uses the bath now if he is having trouble with his tummy. The puppy pads have helped me enormously.
    Viv xx

5. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

I have a cat who stands up to pee, and even with a big hooded tray it dripped on the floor and damaged it. When the flooring was replaced I got some carpet protector roll and put a bit under each litter tray. It smelt when new, but that has gone. And alternative is a floor mat intended to go under office chair wheels.

6. Tigermoon

Tigermoon PetForums VIP

I stick a puppy pad under my water fountain as my lot have a habit of galloping through it while playing!

bluecordelia likes this.
  7. Chris13

Chris13 PetForums Junior

Well I tried the puppy pads but the way diva plays in the water it was still up the walls and further than the pad gave protection, she would play in the fountain untill it was empty and was worried if she did this early in the day while I am am work she would be thirsty for remainder of the day, all bowls I left out she did the sane

So now I have started leaving the bathroom tap on for her 2 drink and play whenever she wants 2 and she seems 2 love that

8. OrientalSlave

Instead of leaving the tap running, why not leave the plug in and a bowl of water in the bath?

9. Chris13

Chris13 PetForums Junior

She likes running water hence why she liked her fountain as much.

10. Chris13

Chris13 PetForums Junior

It's only on very very low

11. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Or leave the plug in and have an inch or so of water in the bath, with some ping pong balls floating in the water. He'll love that

OrientalSlave likes this.
  12. OrientalSlave

If you had a water meter you'd be looking for ways of avoiding having a tap running most of the day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice