Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Maine Coons and Cat trees!!!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by ljs85, Sep 7, 2013.

1. ljs85

ljs85 PetForums VIP

Folks I need your help here!

I'm looking to buy another cat tree for my lot. The problem is that Tiberius is flipping long and huge! We currently have this:

Trixie Alicante Tree

But we had to take the top level down and screw it onto the medium level as he couldn't lie on it and it wobbled severely! Here's what it looks like currently (and yes it is tied to the banister as it still wobbles because he's a clumsy sod :D):

[​IMG]

I've been looking at Zooplus but all the photo's I've seen so far have been normal sized cats so I don't think they would suit.

Slaves to large cats, help please!!! :D

2. Cazzer

Cazzer PetForums VIP

Have a look here

Pet Fun Kratzbaum - Kratzbäume direkt vom Hersteller - Startseite

I've just bought a ceiling tree from them for my NFCs and coonie. Not cheap but you can buy extra wide poles and beds which I did. The poles are made of solid wood. Can't praise it enough

Ps don't get put off by the fact they are German if you look at the top left where it says Deutsch click on the down arrow and it will translate site into english

#2 Cazzer, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  3. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Tigga Towers is designed for Maine Coons (owners for the company breed Coonies too) - they may be expensive initially in outlay but they are worth their weight in gold in durability etc. (psst. if you get one tell them I sent you )

4. Cazzer

Cazzer PetForums VIP

5. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

Try also Russell hardy at Catscratchers.com and Kalvin cat trees they are very strong too. I have one from each of them :)

Viv xx

6. Cazzer

Cazzer PetForums VIP

I've also got three kalven ones. They are sturdy and last well but perhaps not quite as stylish as the German ones.

7. ljs85

ljs85 PetForums VIP

Thanks guys, you've given me some food for thought!

Just have to save up now ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice