Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

maine coon cats

Discussion in 'Cat Classifieds' started by rebeccalawrence, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebeccalawrence

rebeccalawrence PetForums Newbie

please see previous post cats are now free to good home
    :)

2. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

Hi Rebecca.

Have you tried contacting the welfare officer at the Maine Coon Cat Club?

I would hate to think your babies would end up in the wrong hands!

3. FluffyCoonz

FluffyCoonz Guest

I hope you have contacted their breeder to make them aware that you are rehoming them. A good breeder will either take them back or help to find a suitable home.

Advertising Maine Coons as free is a bad idea - you want to make sure that people are serious about having them. Not just having them because they are a free pedigree.

4. Angeli

Angeli PetForums Senior

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not give your pedigree cat away for free - you are only going to encourage lots of interest in giving your cat a home for all the wrong reasons, either for selling on at a quick profit or used as a breeding machine by a BYB. :(

Please either get in touch with the breeder who will offer to take your cat back or at the very least would assist you in finding a permanent home. If that option isn't possible then contact the Maine Coon breed club who will rehome your cat with a suitable person who will have been vetted first.

5. spid

spid PetForums VIP

If you were nearer I'd have them - but your best bet is to contact the breeder or the rescue society - that way at least you will know they will be well looked after.

6. justenuf

justenuf PetForums Member

What part of the UK are you in Rebecca ?

7. spid

spid PetForums VIP

I beleive she is near Oxford or in Oxfordshire somewhere!

8. rebeccalawrence

hi im near oxford

9. animallover09

animallover09 PetForums Member

Here is the infomation you need
    Gill is the maine coon rescue person for the maine coon club
    Gill Cole
    Telephone: 01706 840268 – (Mon - Fri between 7 - 9 pm in the evening or anytime at weekends.) or..
    E-mail: mainecoonrescue@btconnect.com
    PLEASE NOTE THAT I WILL BE AWAY FROM 4TH TO 11TH JULY AND WILL BE UNABLE TO TAKE CALLS OR ANSWER EMAILS DURING THIS TIME. IF YOU HAVE A CAT THAT YOU NEED TO REHOME URGENTLY, PLEASE CONTACT STEVE BUTTERS ON 0114 2692306

10. Janee

Janee PetForums VIP

Why are they not neutered? If you got them as pedigree for a pet, neutering would be part of the deal.

11. Toby & Darwin

Toby & Darwin PetForums Senior

That is not the issue here - she needs help in finding them a new home not critisism for not having them neutered, I am sure she is not the first.

Biawhiska likes this.
  12. Biawhiska

Biawhiska PetForums VIP

Well said. The lady will have her own reasons. But please think of the MC rescue. V good idea and good luck in homing your cats. x

13. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Hi,

Well the lady has given her reasons, I just hope she has tried to contact the breeder first. It is not pleasant for anyone if they find out later that the cats have been rehomed without permission. Its ok if the breeder can't rehome then tells them to home them yourself. It can get very unpleasant if it is done on the quiet with all sorts of possible repercussions.

Maybe if she didn't want to speak to the breeder herself someone could speak to them on her behalf,it is in the cats best interests that this is done properly and the cats welfare has to come first!.

izzie

14. Biawhiska

Biawhiska PetForums VIP

Agree, but some "Breeders" don't want to know or really give a sh*t. :(

Please let us know what happens, it must be tough having to see them go.

15. rebeccalawrence

thankyou the breeder could not give a dam infact i felt i was resuing the cats buy taking them off her hands.i love my cats and i am very sad they have to go so please dont give me a hard time the breeder did not nueture them and nor have i they are inside cats and do not spray

16. rebeccalawrence

another thing one of the cats i could not collect the same day as the other one she said it had the runs and was being treated my the vet1 picks him up a week later she said he was better but had to take him to the vet and no treatment had been given by her vet at all and she charged me for the vet visit which neva took place,, i know how to look after my animals as i have 3 dogs newfoundlands and i was prepared for getting the cats there coats ect but circumstances have changed

17. Biawhiska

Biawhiska PetForums VIP

It's great you contacted the Breeder, but not that she don't care. Though even indoor cats MUST be neutered. Girls can get very ill if they are not either neutered or get pregnant. Also boys can get frustrated etc... It's not a good idea letting them go to anyone un neutered as they can then be bred from from nasty kitten farmers who just want money and don't care about the cats. This is why a rescue is the correct place for them, they will be neutered and given proper house checked homes. Please try the MC rescue.

18. rebeccalawrence

ok will do can you pm me there contact details please
    :):)

19. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

I am sorry you have had a hard time with the breeder, you get some very good breeders and then some that just see a kitten with £ signs hanging over its head and no real care for what happens to it!

I hope they get brill homes and Im so sorry you have to give them up, it must be heartbreaking for you!

Izzie

20. Janee

Janee PetForums VIP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice