Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Magpies have done it again

Discussion in 'Wildlife Chat' started by suewhite, Jun 8, 2010.

1. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

Just outside my back door I"ve had blackbirds nesting so far they have had 3 clutches it has been lovely watching them then as the babies have come out of the nest guess what every one has been caught and killed by magpies thats 12 baby blackbirds the noise has really turned my stomach,I know it"s nature but it"s so hard when I see how hard they worked to rear the babies:frown:

2. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

Try stringing up some CD's around the garden, they hate it! it wont stop them being around, but it will stop them being around so much.

I used all the junk mail CD's you get from papers and ISP's.

3. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

Thanks I"ll try that we seem to have a flock of the blooming things I"ve been turning a hose pipe on them as we have trees at the bottom of the garden and they sit there watching for baby birds,but sure they just say here comes that mad woman again;)

4. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

Luckily ours are frightened stiff of humans, so I only have to look out of the window for them to scarper ... or it could just be my ugly mug that scares them :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice