Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Magpie nest

Discussion in 'Bird Chat' started by westie~ma, Mar 14, 2019 at 12:52 PM.

1. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Have two magpies constructing a nest in my very wonky tree.

No leaves as yet so can clearly see them busying.

The thing is, I was going to get the wonky tree de-wonked this spring. Guess I'll wait now.

kittih and Lurcherlad like this.
  2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I had to cut down some lovely, well established ivy off my fence last week (thanks to my neighbour causing it to come away, breaking my fence in the process :rolleyes:) before it brought the whole fence down and I was lucky that no birds had started nesting in it, nor using the nest box within it.

Otherwise I would have just had to prop it up until Autumn ;)

This morning I had 11 magpies on the terrace! They sit waiting for me to put the food out I’m sure and scoff the peanuts.

I’m going to stop putting whole ones out now because of the breeding season getting under way. I’ll chop them up in the food processor so maybe the Magpies won’t be so interested. Though if they’re well fed they might not predate the smaller birds :(

westie~ma likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice