UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all

Last night i noticed that Maggie pawed her hace a few times - i wiped her eyes and she seemed fine.

but this morning i looked at her face and up her nose and it looks like one nostrall is slightly swolen just inside and there is some discharge - not puss just looks like snot (sorry)

she seem 100% fine eating, playing and most importantly breathing is ok - she does on occasion chase bee's wasps, but i know if it was a full blown allergic reaction she would not be ok the next morning.

not sure what it could be any suggestions - of course should it continue she will be at the vets - but any suggestions welcome

stephanie

G

·
it does sound like she could be allergic to something, you could try her on piriton you can buy that from the chemist, if it dosen't improve though i would pop her to the vet.

·
Banned
8,756 Posts
it does sound like she could be allergic to something, you could try her on piriton you can buy that from the chemist, if it dosen't improve though i would pop her to the vet.
i agree. i would also clean it up with some cooled boiled water and see if i could see anything.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i have had a poke around !!! and she seems to have a bite of some discription up her nose bless her !! she showed no pain at all when i did my poking and she has not pawed at it at all since !! I will keep a very close eye for any further discharge or swelling and i have a friend on stand by to dive us to vets as i dont have a car today !!

Just incase she was feeling down - while i was out getting antihistamines - i got her a few toys xx

out of interest how much would i have to give her should she need it she is approx 19.5 kg's

G

·
i believe 1 to 2 4mg tablets for a dog that size but i would just give the vet a ring to double check:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am off to vets with maggie tmw !! it now looks more like a wart all bobbly - i called the vest and they have an appt tmw - (i am strangly nervous)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hope all goes well at the vet's, keep us posted and give Maggie a hug from me :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well she is fine - silly moo had been stung by a wasp or bee !!

Just need to keep an eye just incase she get infection or anything - tbh seems much better already !! she wasnt too keen on vet looking up nose tho - it was a 3 man jobs !!!

Thank you for your well wishes !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.