Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

made me feel quite lonely...........

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lizzyboo, Apr 25, 2011.

1. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

me and hubby and 3 reluctant kids went to a place we have only discovered this weekend yesterday. we took radley with us (who was excellent in the car, no chucking up!) and went on a massive dog walk first then we sat down amongst all the other people there and the boys and hubbs had a kick about.

the thing is the whole experience left me feeling quite lonely really. there we were just us 5 amongst all these huge groups of families and friends, all seemingly having a great time, playing rounders, having bbqs etc and there was us........all 5 of us! i should be really grateful, i have a husband and 3 beautiful looking healthy children and believe me i am but sometimes i have these overwhelming feelings... hubby says i try to live my life like a fairy tale........

we dont have many friends as a couple... when we go out it is just us 5 all the time and it usually ends up hubbs walking 90 feet behind me and the kids walking 50ft infront of me.

dont get me wrong, it was nice, beautiful weather, the kids actually liked where we went which is a first and they also got some daddy/kids bonding time which doesnt happen very often.

it was just the huge feeling of lonliness it left me with for most of last night............. probably = feeling sorry for myself and needs to pull ones self together :eek:

2. rona

rona Guest

Sounds like you could do with an adult friend.
    I used to get feelings of envy about large groups going out together and seemingly enjoying it, until I realised that probably 50% or more of them are just putting on an act.
    I'd rather be with one person who is genuinely enjoying themselves than with a group where you are never sure.

3. lozb

lozb PetForums VIP

I can understand where you're coming from - 99% of the time it's just me and my daughter when we go out & we both look around at the other groups with envy.
    It's easy to feel down about it (believe me, I do it often enough!) but better to try and be thankful for what we've got - which is a tight (but small) family unit which 99% of the time, works very well :)
    xxx

4. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Plus how often are they together outside of Bank holidays and xmas anyway???;)

5. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

*smacks oneself round the face*

i know, i just need to pull myself together and maybe actually go and get the prescription for the pills the doc gave me :rolleyes:

6. lozb

lozb PetForums VIP

I think we all need a 'self-slap-around-the mush' every now and again!
    And if you think you need the prescription, go get it. I will if you will :p
    xx

7. jessiegirl

jessiegirl PetForums Senior

when i go walk my dog in a park i see all these families too having fun etc....even just a family of 4....and i think to myself ,heres me all on my own , no partner ,no kids, i know you are grateful for having them but i think its just human nature now, we see what others have and we think its a better thing, so makes us want itand it makes us think what we already have is nothing special.

i dunno ,we always seem to think the grass is greener on the other side

8. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

no offense taken. i am going to get mine tomorrow....care to join me? :eek:
    we can get 'happy' together :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice