Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mad Moments

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Staysee, May 24, 2010.

1. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

Surely not just our cats have these, old or young cats [tho its funnier in the older cats]

Take our jessie for instance, 16 years old....sleeps alot, she doesnt rush anywhere, she doesnt play alot anymore [unless its jewlery] and that about sums her up....but every so often, when you least expect it....her ears shoot back, her eyes go wide and she pegs it around....normally ends up in the base of our tree on the bank in our garden....there she sits and then she lazily strolls back down as if nothing has happened.

Or one of the kittens, mad as a hatter as it is, but sometimes he'll go round to my dads herb garden area in the garden and then all of a sudden he'll throw dirt in the air and run about the dirt patch whacking stones, flipping over....then run away.

More cats must have these little mad moments, but whats your cats tell? When do you know your about to get a mad kitty moment and what do they do?

2. mlynnc

mlynnc PetForums Senior

Haha, we call them 'zoomies' :scared:

Enzo is very vocal before his zoomies begin... lots of 'brr, brrrr' noises! I'm sure this is just to make sure we're looking :rolleyes: As soon as you look at him, he will turn sideways and arch his back... walking backwards and forwards with his ears back, tail still as a pole! Any sudden movement from my partner or I and he will gallop off!!!! :lol:

Then, for the next couple of minutes... he will continue his 'brr, brrr' noises and darting around!

Sometimes, when he is in the garden having a zoomie and we haven't noticed, he will come shooting in the back door and straight up the stairs! My partner and I can hear him bouncing around on the bed and around the bedroom and then straight back down the stairs and straight back out the door! :lol:

3. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

Scamp is 15 and like your Jessie,sleeps a lot,but he still just gets up sometimes and rushes around the garden for no apparent reason.He still likes to chase birds etc and even the odd squirrel that dares to venture in. Our silver birch was the object of play the other day and Scamp kept pretending to climb it(I know he can still climb trees as a dog chased him up one the other week)we have a large tree like shrub which he keeps climbing up and walking around inside. When a storm is near he starts acting weird and racing around the garden,I think he's still a kitten at heart:thumbup:

4. alisondalziel

alisondalziel PetForums VIP

2 of my three do this. I call it the mad half hour!!

Mine also make the cute noises, ears back, back arched then zooming around. crazy but sooo sweet!!

5. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

My cat is 13 and does absolutely nothing but sleep and eat. I've tried everything, it's only cat nip that gets him slightly excited these days!:(

6. RachelGC

RachelGC PetForums Member

Tilly had a very mad moment last night which last a good couple of hours!!

A week or two ago one evening i was eating a tunnock's caramel wafer (Very Yummy), and made the wrapper into a ball for her to play with... she wasn't interested at all... it must have got pushed under the sofa or something as i'd not seen it... until last night!

Well she found the wrapper ball and was playing with it, batting it around... then she's pick it up in her mouth bolt to the other side of the room, drop and play with it, then pick it up again and bolt back to where i was sat, drop it etc!!

she was like a little dog. she's sit down every now and again and be panting, make no wonder when she'd been running aorund liek a nutter!!

It was very cute and very funny to watch :thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice