UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been on Pets4Homes before, but went to it out of interest having seen it mentioned in this forum.

What the h**l is a Chiapso X Chorkie and how on earth can they justify charging £325 for a mutt??? I mean, I can work out what a Chiapso is, and what a Chorkie is, but really ... made up names for the parents, presumably a made up name for this next generation cross. And the £325 as well ...

·
Super Moderator
29,630 Posts

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I dont care what they call them, but do have a laugh that they are way more expensive than a full pedigree version of one half of them usually.
:confused:

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
I saw on one selling site they had a litter of pups and both parents were Border Terrier x jrt.The offspring were selling at £650 and were very "rare" and they were Brussells.Considering that they amount to BT x JRT i thought they were charging £400 too much.

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
I have a £5 BorderJack, an £80 and a £250 Mongrel (the latter is the foster - I know what they paid for him) and two Springadors that cost me in total £550.

IMO all of them are worth what was paid for them and more.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Allow me to introduce you to our two Designer Dog Crossbreeds, the Pug-Thing and the Poodle-Thing.

The former is a Pug-cross-Chihuahua - small, pretty ginger mutt on the outside; Puggier than any Pug you can think of on the inside. The latter is a Chihuahua-cross-Yorkie-cross-Poodle - small hairy grey mutt on the outside; pure Poodle on the inside.

We have seen Designer names for both these crosses on various web-sites, but who wants to admit to owning a Chorkiepoo, or even a Chug?

·
Registered
444 Posts
The names they give so called 'designer' breeds are ridiculous and unecessary imo, it does in a way make these crosses a laughing stock for people and make them into more of a joke and yes they do inflate prices because people think they must be something special.

I have a poodle cross and he is the most wonderful dog I have ever owned, and yes he is special because he is my best friend mutt or not:D

His name is Dexter.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I agree with you about the ridiculous names for these mixed breeds even though I have a Jackapoo! I didn't pay an extorionate amount of money for him but he is the most loving little dog you could get full of life even though he has had a hip replacement.

Val xx

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
it is funny to think up names though! I love Bull shih -t and Cock Rott. If I mated my ratters with a poodle we could have Rat-Poos or with Shih Tzus = Rat- Sh*ts. Great Dane / shih tzu = Great Sh*ts I am sure there are funnier ones! :D
p.s. I do just mean names I am not advocating actually breeding them!

·
Banned
22,188 Posts
Then of course there's the Sarporgi.

It's a rug slug with attitude.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.