Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mac's food and offal

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by DBW, Jun 7, 2017.

1. DBW

DBW PetForums Junior

Hi,

Have been ordering food from Happy kitty for a while but been back on Hills Z/D for their sensitive tummies/food elimination diet.
    Had them on to D/D with venison for a good while to wean them of Hill's on to Ropocat/Mac's/tundra etc.
    D/D seems to be out of stock everywhere, hence back on Z/D.

Looking at MAC's Mono Sensitive Turkey, it says Meat (min. 70% turkey) and animal derivatives (turkey heart, turkey gizzard and turkey liver)
    Does that mean it's high in offal or not?
    They all seem to label differently.

What others from HKC are more muscle meat than offal?

Many thanks guys.

2. Pepperpots

Pepperpots PetForums Senior

For my non-offal tolerating cat, Animonda Vom Feinstein for sterilised cats (all varieties of turkey flavour), has been the best thing for him. I think it also helps that it is slightly lower in fat.

My other sensitive stomach cat is doing really well on Macs sensitive turkey, lamb and their normal turkey and lamb. Second best seems to be GranataPet turkey or tundra, but is best only having them occasionally.

Ropocat was a disaster and for some reason Feringa seems to make them ill.

Macs turkey is a good price and decent quality, so probably my favourite brand.

3. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

I am not sure whether Macs Turkey is high in offal (at 30% offal) compared with other foods as not all foods list the offal content separately unfortunately.

My two boys with IBD did not get on with Macs or Macs Sensitive in Turkey or Lamb (it made them vomit) but like Pepperpots' cat they do very well on Animonda Vom Feinsten fTurkey flavours for neutered cats. Possibly due partly to low offal content and definitely due to lower fat content.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/canned_cat_food_pouches/animonda/trays/14008

4. Forester

Forester trained by Dylan

I can't vouch for the offal level in Mac's Turkey but I have previously enquired about the level in their Sensitive Lamb. I can't remember the precise percentage now but it was relatively low, about 30 ish percent I think. They don't count heart as offal though, it is classified as muscle meat.

If you drop Sam at HKC an e-mail I'm sure that she will make enquiries from the manufacturer on your behalf if she doesn't know the precise answer herself.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice